Please update posting from Business office Lead K1698 to Referral Coordinator K1777
• Properly maintains and tracks referrals from beginning to end. Accountable for the referral loop by tracking all referral orders including but not limited to specialty referrals and diagnostic referrals.
• Tracks, monitors, and manages appointment notifications and messaging within Great Lakes Health Connect and other health information exchanges.
• Answers, responds to and documents phone calls, requests and questions from patients, physicians, ancillary services or specialty offices in a timely manner. Calls must be accurately managed or redirected as appropriate.
• Assembles information concerning patient's clinical background and referral needs. Per referral guidelines, provides appropriate documented clinical information to specialists.
• Reviews details and expectations regarding the referral with patients.
• Communicates any prep instructions via documented orders or protocol to patient.
• Receives and reviews referral requests; prioritizes orders based on urgency.
• Schedules, problem solves, communicates, and coordinates referral appointments with patient, physician(s), specialists and/or central scheduling.
• Collaborates with essential care team members including: physicians, mid-level providers, LPN's, MA's, Practice
• Maintains patient confidentiality and abides by all HIPPA guidelines.
• Obtains necessary authorization for referrals and diagnostic testing in timely fashion with proper documentation.
• Works denied claims for missing prior authorization or referral within the EMR system.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of referral/payer prior authorization requirements, eligibility guidelines and documentation requirements.
• Communicates insurance decisions to patient.
• Conducts follow up calls as necessary to physician offices, patients and payers to complete pre-certification process.
• Confirms payer is in-network with specialist. If not, contacts patient to discuss and make alternate arrangements as necessary per payer guidelines in communication with the care team.
• Managers, Care Managers, and Operations Director to ensure that patient safety, continuity of care and gaps in care are addressed.
• Maintains and updates reference materials as they pertain to insurance carriers.
• Participates in organizational meetings as assigned.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
SYSTEMS AND INFORMATION
To ensure appropriate utilization of Protected Health Information (PHI) associated with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Saint Mary's Confidentiality of Information Standards, as well as other regulatory entities, individuals employed in this position will be granted systems and information access as appropriate for this position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The listed duties may be changed at the discretion of the incumbent's supervisor.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent required
Preferred: Degree preferred
Minimum: Two years of experience in a medical office. Basic computer skills required.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum: Extensive knowledge of insurance market and prior authorization requirements. Ability to organize and prioritize. Ability to manage processes utilizing problem solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to collaborate with clinical care team.
Preferred: Billing and coding knowledge/experience. Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures.
Familiarity with standard desktop and windows based computer system, including email, e-learning, intranet, and computer navigation. Ability to use other software required to perform essential functions. Experience with using EHR system.
Minimum: Sitting for extended periods of time. Extensive computer work. Frequent standing, walking. Occasional bending stooping, twisting. Ability to hear speech, speak, use near-far vision and fine motor skills. Ability to perform continuously detailed tasks with frequent interruptions and work prioritization.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Presque Isle, Maine
Posted 38 minutes ago
Watertown, New York
Posted 38 minutes ago
Posted 38 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!