Gorbel's mission is simple: We improve people's lives.
That mission guides everything we do, from the products and service we provide to our outside customers to the work environment we foster for our employees. We are a manufacturer of material handling and fall protection products for the production and warehouse/distribution sectors. We're on the cutting edge of manufacturing and distribution; a thriving, growing company that is constantly seeking out new ways to innovate and elevate our products and our processes - and we're looking for people like you to join us in that mission.
We're currently hiring for open positions in the US and Canada. We operate in Canada as Engineered Lifting Systems and Equipment (ELS)/DBA Gorbel® Canada, and subsequent communication related to Canadian positions may show the ELS name. You may be contacted by phone by recruitment personnel based in either Canada or New York.
Second Shift (United States of America)
The Receiver/Shipper is responsible for the flow of incoming and outgoing materials in the facility. Using material handling equipment, ERP systems and problem solving, this role plays a large part in insuring products enter and exit the facility efficiently, safely, and accurately. This position requires attention to detail, problem solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Load/unload flatbed trucks of raw steel beams, ranging in size up to 60'
- Use problem solving skills to stage and palletized loads in an efficient and cost-effective manner. This includes skidding, banding, wrapping and crating product in a way that saves space and time.
- Utilize forklifts, cranes, and hoist systems to maneuver unbalanced loads weighing in excess of 1,000 lbs. and 30 ft in length throughout the facility, while assuring your own personal safety, as well as that of others in the immediate area.
- Read and interpret Purchase Orders to ensure accuracy and prioritize resources
- Create and distribute shipping logs
- Communicate with logistics and purchasing to ensure accuracy of invoices
- Inspect incoming/outgoing material for quality
- Experience in manufacturing setting preferred but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to use forklift and other lifting equipment
- Must be able to read a tape measure to nearest 16th of an inch
- Computer literacy to input and track inventory data
- Great teamwork and communication skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements
- Shipping experience
- Use of ERP systems
- Knowledge of LEAN principles
- Understanding of plant layout and workflows
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand (75%); walk (20%); stoop, kneel or crouch (5%), as required.
- Able to wear safety glasses and foot protection throughout shift.
- Able to wear hearing protectors (ear plugs) throughout the shift while working in an environment with moderate noise levels.
Gorbel® is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Gorbel® is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals so that an individual can perform their job-related duties. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and require special assistance or an accommodation to apply due to a disability, please contact us at 585-924-6204.