Job ID: 374682
Central Washington Concrete, A CRH Company, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Drive truck equipped with concrete mixer to deliver ready mix concrete to job sites and perform specific customer service tasks.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to ingress and egress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate ready-mix concrete truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- May add materials (fiber, color or other additives) to concrete mix
- Ensure quality of product delivered, slump, etc.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Ensure proper materials are loaded in a safe manner, and obtain proper signatures as required.
- Rinse out drum and chutes, and dump slurry as required by established procedures.
- Collect money from customers and record transactions on customer receipt.
- Inform customers of new products or services. Listen to and communicate or resolve service complaints.
- Respond to customer questions related to basic product knowledge and basic concrete construction techniques. Tactfully inform customer of concrete working methods and improper forms as appropriate.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Record sales and delivery information.
- Maintain operator logs, forms and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete written report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
- Perform other related duties as required or directed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Current Class A CDL with self-certification of non-excepted interstate and current DOT medical card.
- Two years general driving experience in a commercial or construction setting highly preferred.
- Current member or able to join Teamsters Local #760.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a safe manner as well as maintain a safe work environment.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in a team environment
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates good internal and external customer service, communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety, attendance and punctuality
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks
To view a complete job description and apply on-line:
Requisition #: 249359
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Central Washington Concrete, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Seattle Job Segment:
This job has expired.