The Quality Manager is responsible to plan, develop, and direct quality assurance policies, programs and initiatives. They will establish, oversee and lead the Quality Assurance department to ensure that products are developed, manufactured, maintained and shipped according to customer specifications and consistent with the quality standards of Portescap. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic planning and improvement initiatives for the quality and reliability of our products and the management of internal and external relationships while ensuring compliance with the Quality Management System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure total product integrity by providing strategic leadership in establishing a common quality vision, culture, structure, management systems and processes.
- Provide leadership and management for the Quality team. Responsibilities include staffing, performance management, employee development and coaching.
- Develop, implement and monitor all key quality metrics, systems, and procedures.
- Promotes and leads a Root Cause Counter Measure (RCCA) culture by leading 8D problem solving
- Drives the reduction of Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) across the Facility.
- Drive early cross functional engagement initiatives to ensure quality is built into the design and processes.
- Manage quality audits to ensure compliance to customer requirements and pro-actively support engineering and manufacturing to meet or exceed requirements.
- Work with both suppliers and customers to ensure the highest level of quality throughout the value stream.
- Partner with the Supply Chain organization and R&D to develop and implement a supplier qualification process and ensure the quality and cost reduction efforts (PPV and VAVE) of downstream parts delivery.
- Negotiate with all current and proposed customers to establish contractual quality requirements and quality statement of work.
- Manage the quality organization's budget, and strategic initiatives in support of the company's goals and objectives.
- Continuous Improvement tied to product workflow of both supplier part inspections and outgoing product certification.
- Provide guidance and training for department personnel
- Champion the Altra company's culture and core values: teamwork, continuous improvement, performance measurement, integrity, personal responsibility
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Effective problem solver including the ability to perform and train others in root cause analysis
- Strong continuous improvement mindset
- Balances Strategy and Tactics appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Able to interpret data and statistics.
- Ability to lead and mentor teams across various organizational levels
- Operate with a high level of integrity under business pressure
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (strongly preferred) or a related discipline is required with a minimum of 5 years prior closely related experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a Manager of Quality or equivalent in a progressive manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of experience working in the Quality Department of a manufacturing facility.
- Experience leading quality in a high mix/low volume-based business model in the medical, A&D industries is a plus.
- Thorough working knowledge of the various customer and industry quality system models including ISO9000 (required), ISO13485, AS9100 (a plus).
- Solid quality background including hands-on experience with PPAP (required), Control Plan, SPC, CAPA, NCR, 8D, fishbone diagram, validation protocols and ISO certification (preferred).
- Strong mechanical background and knowledge of GD&T (preferred)
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.