Public Safety Officer
Ensures the safety and protection of organization patients, visitors, staff and property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal activities.
Required Education and Experience
License and Certification Requirement
1. Valid New York State driver's license or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of appointment.
2. Certification or the ability to obtain certification as a New York State Peace Officer within one (1) year of appointment.
Education and Experience
1. Associate's degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science or a related field; or
2. High School diploma or High School Equivalency diploma and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time experience in a law enforcement or security organization, exposed to functions whose diversity is similar to those at Roswell Park; and3. Absence of a felony criminal record.
1. These minimum qualifications are subject to change. Incumbents must meet specific physical and medical requirements at the time of appointment and at appropriate intervals thereafter.
2. Incumbents must maintain certification as a New York State Peace Officer as a condition of continued employment.
3. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .