19298 Public Relations Strategist (Open)
US.CO.Greenwood Village.OfficeUS.IL.Chicago.Office, US.IL.Remote, US.MA.Cambridge.Office, US.MA.Remote, US.NE.Omaha.Campus, US.NE.Remote, US.TX.Allen.Office, US.TX.Irving.Office, US.TX.Remote
Position Pay Range:
Pay Range may vary by geographical location
As an integral part of the CSG marketing team, the PR Strategist is responsible for supporting the execution of the company's public relations program to drive compelling story ideas that elevate brand awareness and thought leadership for CSG globally. The PR Strategist will bring a mix of curiosity and creativity to create compelling messages that align with key goals across multiple PR programs including proactive pitching/newsjacking, press announcements, executive briefings, company award submissions and speaker's bureau efforts. This role requires being able to uncover the story, problem solve, manage multiple timelines and work across functions and teams. A successful candidate will execute effectively and autonomously, challenge the status quo with new ideas, develop collaborative relationships with team members, effectively communicate both up and down the chain, act proactively across all areas of responsibility and be an exceptional writer.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop media pitches and conduct proactive outreach to targeted journalists, supporting the PR lead and agency.
- Write and edit PR materials including press releases, media briefing documents, pitches and talking points.
- Identify and enhance company media lists to ensure proper journalists are being targeted with relevant CSG news.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant journalists, stakeholders and organizations.
- Monitor company and competitor media coverage to identify rapid response/newsjacking opportunities.
Thought Leadership and Customer PR
- Support the PR Director with the day-to-day aspects of the company's executive profile program, customer publicity program and product PR.
- Work with cross company internal stakeholders at all levels to develop PR opportunities and campaigns.
- Develop relationships with sales to proactively promote customer deals and wins.
- Work with channel and product marketing to promote their campaigns and product roadmap, speaker's bureau, and events strategy.
- Identify opportunities to promote the company's thought leadership through editorial and byline article opportunities.
- Collaborate on awards calendar to proactively seek opportunities for company award submissions.
- Research, write and submit award nominations on behalf of company working with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Support the broader brand marketing team as needed on related initiatives.
- Serve as communications and marketing support in various cross-functional internal teams.
- Interface and manage projects with the company's PR and brand agencies and other external vendors.
- 5-7 years of PR and/or corporate communications experience in a B2B corporate or agency environment
- Experience developing and executing media pitches for global audiences.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and storytelling and is proactive in creating conversations and seeking innovative ways to connect with various audiences.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple, intuitive communications.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and online marketing communications skills
- Proven track record of success in PR and experience with media and project management platforms, technology, and reporting
- Flexibility and composure under pressure
- Learning on the fly- naturally curious, versatile learner, open to change and knows when to ask for direction.
- Must be able to travel internationally and/or domestically up to 20% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, English or Business, or the equivalent work experience
CSG is proud to offer employee-focused benefits that are robust in design and support a wide spectrum of employee well-being needs. Included in our benefits package is your choice of 3 medical plans administered by United HealthCare, MetLife dental, and vision coverage. CSG also offers an Incentive Savings Plan (401k), serviced by Fidelity Investments. CSG makes a dollar-for-dollar Matching Contribution based on the first 5.5% of your eligible pay you contribute as Pre-Tax or Roth After-Tax Contributions. All contributions are immediately 100% vested. At CSG, we recognize the ability to take time away to recharge is important. We offer a US Tiered Vacation Plan for non-exempt (hourly) roles, and a Flexible Vacation plan for all exempt (salaried) employees. For more benefit details, please Click Here.
This role is eligible for a bonus opportunity.
This job has expired.