Full - Time
(SUMMARY) Position Highlights:
- Competitive salary
Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Metro Access, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Career growth opportunities
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- Full - Time (3:00 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.) 4 (10) hour shifts
- Location: Silver Spring, MD
- Protection Service Department
- This position reports first to a Security Supervisor or Security Manager
- Protection Officers are responsible for maintaining the security and safety of the hospital and specifically their assigned post during their watch.
What you will need:Required:
- Protection Officers must be vigilant of suspicious activities and persons taking appropriate actions in ensuring the safety and security of the hospital.
- Officers must also be able to write reports in a neat and legible manner.
- Although officers are usually assigned to one shift, they must be available to work all three shifts when needed.
- They must be able to perform their essential job functions, to include daily patrols and functions without bias or discrimination.
- Must submit to fingerprinting, FBI and State criminal history checks and or/ background investigations.
- Protection Officers must have at least a high school diploma, GED or equivalent experience as a security officer (4 years).
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to acquire a Special Police Officer Commission from the State of Maryland within one year of appointment.
- Education:High school diploma or GED preferred.
- BLS certified preferred.
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 best hospitals
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.