If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center has a great opportunity for a remote Project Manager, Research Support. The Project Manager, Research Support, will be responsible for carrying out tasks in accordance with all strategic initiatives and objectives to fulfill the mission and vision of the University of Miami and the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (Sylvester). Projects will be defined by Sylvester leadership working collaboratively with the Sylvester Director, Research Project Management Office. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle (initiation, planning, execution, control, and close). The Project Manager will be responsible for assembling project teams, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. The Project Manager takes projects from original concept through final implementation-interfacing with all areas affected by the project including end users, stakeholders and vendors and ensures adherence to quality standards.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS
1. Manages complex projects and initiatives of high priority for Cancer Center Leadership.
2. Incorporates timelines and deadlines into project plans for successful monitoring of progress and completion.
3. Provides quality assurance for assigned deliverables.
4. Manages tight timelines ensuring quick turnaround for successful project delivery.
5. Manages and implements project work plans.
6. Coordinates and implements change management, when necessary.
7. Partner with multiple department and sub-divisions within SCCC (finance, research, IT, grants, patient care etc.).
8. Manages and coordinates agendas, meetings, and workflows for all project meetings.
9. Detail oriented ensuring completion and reports to leaders with regard to project status.
10. Facilitate communication and serve as resource to cancer center faculty and staff to ensure successful completion and submission of all project-related milestones (i.e., kickoff, progress updates, closure/handoffs, etc.)
11. Manage performance monitoring and metrics for initiatives and other projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in relevant field
PMP certification/License a plus
Experience: Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes: •Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data. •Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems. •Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Posted about 16 hours ago
Posted about 12 hours ago
Posted about 12 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!