At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
Trane has a new exciting opportunity to join our organization as a Project Manager - Controls, you will manage all aspects of BAS/Control projects, from beginning to end, with direct responsibility for project execution while leading a team, or teams, to accomplish specific objectives in a given time frame with available resources and within budget.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with a minimum of five (5) years of HVAC controls project management experience; or a minimum of 5 to 7 years of project management, controls and HVAC related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong experience in resource / manpower planning and team leadership of multiple technicians engineers.
- Must have strong financial and business acumen and a history of running projects on time and on budget.
- Experience working directly with building owners is a plus.
- Must be able to travel locally
- Plan and analyze assigned projects, establish schedules and project parameters and set procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
- Communicate with customers and their representatives, including building owners, mechanical contractors, subcontractors, and field support staff.
- Examine and review contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
- Manage the operations budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
- Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion, and controlling expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
- Create and revise project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones.
- Prepare sub-contractor request for quotation's (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
- Receive and qualify subcontractor proposals; supervise work of assigned project team and subcontractors.
- Review technician work orders, review project plans and specifications, review project progress and prioritizes tasks.
- Meet with contractors and owners to discuss scope of projects, budgets performance and close-out.
- Support the sales function by assisting with quote preparation and proposals.
- Responsible for project cash-flow management: progress billing, collections support and monitoring, and resource management.
- Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating with customers and assigned staff.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.