Typically requires at least 6 years of relevant experience.
Bachelor's degree specializing in computer science, project management, business administration, or information technology from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or other related certifications preferred (SAFe Certification).
Senior understanding of subject. Has in-depth and/or breadth of knowledge in discipline
Enacts Scrum principles and methodologies as the Scrum Master (SM) on projects and programs in partnership with other SMs, the Development Team, the Product Owner, and Project Leadership.
* Ensures adherence to Agile/Scrum values, principles, and practices.
* Identifies dependencies, manages conflicts, and drives success of individual sprints, as well as the overall project.
* Ensures that the team is fully functional and productive by building and maintaining the product road map and release plan based on the priorities set by the Product Owner and input from the team.
* Directs the work of project team members and guides team in prioritizing work based upon knowledge of customer requirements, project schedule, and various dependencies.
* Addresses and escalates issues, impediments, and roadblocks and proposes solutions.
* Communicates regularly with necessary stakeholders.
* Facilitates and/or ensures Agile ceremonies are conducted and embraced in order to drive agile development; secures agile team working agreements. Works with the Product Owner to ensure that goals, scope, and product domain are understood and practiced.
* Ensures the team understands the need for clear and concise Product Backlog items.
* Finds techniques for effective Product Backlog management by leading the team through long-term roadmap exercises, forecasting long-term project deliverables.
* Ensures the Product Owner knows how to arrange the Product Backlog to maximize value. Leads and coaches the organization in Agile/Scrum.
* Plans Scrum implementations within the organization.
* Assists employees and stakeholders with implementing Agile/Scrum and empirical product development.
* Leads change that increases the productivity of the team and ensures delivery of valuable products.
* Performs other duties as assigned. Performs work independently with limited supervision and direction. Serves as a resource for less experienced staff.