CALSTART is hiring a Program Manager for School Bus Strategy and Engagement to join the Trucks & Off Road Initiative to lead school bus incentive projects . The Program Manager will work closely with the HVIP Deputy Director, Bus Director, Market Acceleration Director, and other leaders on the HVIP clean school bus incentive project. In this role, you will work with the California Air Resources Board and other vehicle and infrastructure stakeholders across the state of California to provide a seamless synergy between funding opportunities to transition California's school bus fleet to clean technologies.
The Program Manager will report to the HVIP Deputy Director.
Additionally, the Program Manager will:
- Design and implement a five-year statewide clean school bus incentive project as part of HVIP, working closely with the HVIP Deputy Director and other team members
- Design cross-team functionality with the Clean Fuels and Infrastructure team to roll out a seamless joint application (infrastructure and vehicles)
- Develop synergies between this school bus carve-out and other school bus funding mechanisms, particularly Standard HVIP and the existing HVIP Public School Bus Set Aside for Small and Medium Air Districts, to articulate a seamless end-user experience for school districts and stakeholders
- Support school bus stakeholder industry engagement as it relates to the above synergies and industry momentum more broadly
- Support legislatively mandated SB1403 report on state school bus status
- Work with Salesforce team lead to design and implement voucher process system for this carve-out
- Work with TetraTech Voucher Process Center team to design and implement processes
- Manage a Project Manager to support this work
- Work with CARB, industry stakeholders, and the above-mentioned team members to design and execute incentive design, stakeholder engagement, participation and policy implementation, and end-user experience.
- Monitor voucher requests, redemptions, vehicle scrappage, and other voucher request documentation including developing SOPs and internal controls for these deliverables
- Function as a key member of the HVIP Management Team to reduce silos between other HVIP funding streams, reporting to the HVIP Deputy Director
- Leverage expertise to further CALSTART's reputation in the school bus industry
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us!
• A Bachelor's degree in public administration, sustainability, or other related fields or equivalent years of training and experience
- • CA or national school bus industry knowledge
- • MHD incentive operations and comms knowledge, business process implementation skills, project management skills, ability to think strategically and be detail oriented
- Three years of experience working with school bus industry with a strong knowledge of operations, planning, and budgeting
- Three years of project management experience, preferably leading teams on bus projects including managing teams, being responsible for budgets, and accountable for overall project outcomes
- Three years of experience working with potential "customers" and moving them through a pipeline/funnel
- One year of experience with writing grant applications, preferably for transit-related projects
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of information into clear understandable language for stakeholders and other interested parties
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills as well as ability to communicate via presentations and written deliverables
- Strong ability to meet or exceed deadlines and able to work with minimal supervision or direction
- Proven ability to multitask and handle complexity
- Proficiency in project management tools, website tools, Microsoft Office suite of applications(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Salary and Benefits
- Master's Degree (Planning, Business Administration, or similar degree)
- Experience with planning and/or deploying zero-emission buses
- Experience working with Zoom and Microsoft Teams Logistics to run meetings and webinars
- Knowledge of CA incentive landscape and policies including CARB's portfolio of funding or other public agencies
- Knowledge of the advanced transportation industry, zero-emission vehicles and supporting technology
- Knowledge of the California Air Resources Board
- Planning for Transit and/or School Bus Infrastructure Designs
- Experience planning for the retirement of fleet vehicles, energy demand updates, facility upgrades and other alterations that may be required
- At least one year of experience managing at least one direct report
- Competitive annual salary based on experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.