This Production Supervisor is a critical member of the plant leadership team. The Production Supervisor participates in the development and leads the execution of strategies and plans for their area(s) of responsibility utilizing continuous Improvement methodology. The Production Supervisor provides leadership, direction, coaching, and development to motivate and sustain high levels of employee performance. The Production Supervisor consistently meets or exceeds desirable results in the areas of health, safety, and environmental, quality, on-time delivery, cost, and employee engagement. This person also understands and enforces company policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with country and/or state regulatory, statutory, ethical and/or compliance standards. This position is supervising our over night shift. We do run on a 12 hour rotating schedule, which allows a lot of flexibility because you will only be working ~15 days per month!
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset. We embrace our diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through volunteering and working with non-profit partners and local schools towards making communities safer, supporting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education initiatives and growing recycling by consumers. We operate in a strong encouraging environment with opportunities to be a part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Implements processes that reveal safety hazards, and develops sustainable corrective actions.
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety and environmental regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Engages his or her team to drive a continuous improvement culture by utilizing continuous improvement initiatives to relentlessly attack and eliminate waste, overburden and variability in manufacturing processes.
- Understands the manufacturing process and has the technical knowledge to ensure product quality and flow
- Conducts capacity planning and resource allocation for short and long term production demands.
- Applies appropriate continuous improvement tools to identify and solve manufacturing problems and sustain solutions.
- Delivers results through continuous process improvements; recognizes problems as opportunities for improvement.
- Identify gaps between benchmark performance and average shift performance, facilitate continuous improvements with team, and allocate responsibilities for implementing improvement plans.
- Assesses and selects talent to improve performance capabilities within his or her area of responsibility.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of production.
- Ensures compliance to budget and production schedules; monitors performance output, time and data quality.
- Provides on-going coaching, feedback and development to increase employee performance and productivity.
- Conducts performance appraisals and maintains performance metrics to monitor employee results; identify and initiate improvements for development and/or training.
- Involves team in decisions, problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Schedules and directs employee assignments and completion of work production.
- Shares ownership and visibility for individual and group success; accepts responsibility for failures.
- Coordinates resolution of equipment and/or quality issues with Department Manager, Quality Manager, Maintenance Manager, and/or Production Planner.
- Sets and communicates clear performance standards and holds direct reports accountable for results.
- Communicates effectively with direct reports and resolves conflicts within and between individual team members.
- Encourages others to express opinions and actively listens to understand others.
- Knows when to make decisions at the point-of-contact and when to escalate decisions to upper management.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned by the Production Manager.
Location ProfileAs a member of the team, you can expect:Excellent pay -
- Bachelor or Associates Degree, plus 3-5 years of industrial leadership experience preferred.
- Related experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment is a bonus.
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles and knowledge of lean manufacturing and ISO9001:2015 is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate effective team leadership and team membership skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills in applications such as Microsoft Word & Excel
- Ability to learn new software packages quickly and apply knowledge to daily tasks and projects.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to provide clear task assignments, create a shared understanding of strategic direction, promote a sense of purpose, and inspire motivation.
- Must possess strong drive to develop decision making and problem solving skills including the ability to solve problems while exhibiting practical judgment and realistic understanding of the issues involved.
Novelis pays very competitive wages for the market and provide merit increases based on performance. Incentive plan -
Employees are eligible for bonuses based on performance! Benefits -
We offer a competitive benefit program including paid vacation and holidays. Employees are eligible for medical, dental and vision insurance which begins on date of hire. New employees are immediately eligible to participate for the 401(k) plan.
Built in 1970 the Clayton facility employs more than 100 people and engages in a re-rolling and finishing operation that supplies foil and light-gauge non-heat treatable aluminum coiled sheet and products including semi-rigid formed container stock HVAC standard and automotive fin stock pharmaceutical closure stock spiral duct stock and distribution. The site is committed to supporting the local community through its ongoing volunteer initiatives promoting safety and education.
This job has expired.