At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor, the Production Operators will be assigned various tasks to operate and / or assist in the operation of various machinery. Tasks may include but are not limited to machine set up, shipping / receiving, overhead cranes, and forklifts
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
· Maintain an awareness of safe work practices and prevent conditions that may result in an unsafe situation or harm the environment.
· Set up and operate various industrial machinery which may include Rolling Mills, Annealers, Slitters, Draw Blocks, etc.
· Enter production data in SAP software system, ensuring accuracy in time and weight applied.
· Operate forklifts and overhead cranes to load and unload material on storage racks while observing the appropriate weight capacities.
· Monitor condition of product passing through machinery and perform proper adjustments to ensure proper product quality.
· Package and identify all out going material and load carriers; Unload in-coming materials from carrier, place in storage area, and deliver to proper department.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Positions are open on second (3pm-11pm) and third (11pm-7am) shifts.
The pay rate for this position is between $22.28/hr - $30.20/hr, plus .40/hr shift differential