Attention Current Employees: To submit an application for posted positions, please close this window, log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants: To be considered for one of our open positions, please complete our online employment application and submit all required attachments for each posting that is of interest. Once submitted, your application cannot be edited.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please e-mail EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519. This email and phone number have been created exclusively to assist disabled job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or technical issues not related to a disability, will not receive a response.
A Producer is needed to pitch, research, and book high-profile newsmaker guests for Amanpour & Company. The Producer will handle all aspects of producing a guest segment: guest evaluation, research, pre-interviews, acquiring visual elements, preparing interview questions and outlines, and host preparation. In addition, the Producer will facilitate the delivery of completed interviews through pre and post-production helping to maintain the cohesive, editorial vision of the program. Working closely with show staff the Producer will:
• Research, identify and book high-profile guests;
• Pitch guest ideas for the program and prepare on-air talent with research for guest segments;
• Work with editors to complete segments for air;
• Work closely with Executive Producer and Senior Producers;
• Work closely with rights and clearances to ensure content is sourced properly;
• Work with Digital and Social Media team on copy and relevant interview excerpts;
• Additional responsibilities, as assigned.
• A minimum of five years of experience in television or news production;
• Prior experience booking guests across a wide range of topic areas;
• Exceptional writing and grammar; demonstrated strong research skills;
• Experience in a live television environment;
• Keen interest in news, public affairs, arts and culture;
• Team-oriented with the ability to take direction from Executive Producers;
• Ability to meet deadlines, manage high-pressure situations, and work in a dynamic environment.
Candidates with an established network of contacts are preferred.
The WNET Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, creed, color, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, marital and partnership status, familial status, arrest or conviction record, union membership, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offense, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, military or protected veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics, an employee's or an employee's dependent's sexual and reproductive health decisions, as well as all other classifications protected by applicable laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, promotions, benefits, leaves of absence.
If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email EmployApp@wnet.org or call toll-free 1-800-992-7519.
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Posted about 9 hours ago
Newark, New Jersey
Posted about 8 hours ago
New York, New York
Posted about 8 hours ago