Elsevier continues to build an innovative team in Philadelphia to develop next generation healthcare technology and health education solutions. Our UX team works boldly and collaboratively on new product concepts for a user-centric suite of clinical decision support, clinical reference, and learning applications.
We now require a Principal UX Design Strategist to apply user-centric design methods to empower teams to strategically deliver innovative products and services. Join a collaborative, supportive, diverse team of 25+ UX professionals that has strong support from the technology leadership team to lead UX and innovation, a role that will give you autonomy in your work and empower you to learn and grow in your career.
Experience and skillset required:
- Engage with and guide business partners through the design process, helping them understand and apply user-centered design methods to build valuable products and services
- Conduct design thinking activities to define and drive the strategy & vision for large, ambiguous product areas
- Create prototypes and minimum viable products to validate assumptions efficiently
- Facilitate co-design workshops, Innovation Jams, and other immersion and ideation sessions
- Provide design leadership and coordinate cross-functional efforts in a globally distributed team
- Collaborate and influence partner teams to create a deeply integrated and consistent experience
- Offer design consultancy and insights to the VP of User Experience Design, to achieve the business strategy and objectives
- Provide mentorship and coaching to the design team.
- Online portfolio demonstrating the exemplary delivery of complex projects from inception cross-functionally defining new product solutions
- At least 10 years of experience designing and shipping web products and services
- At least 4 years experience building & leading high performing teams
- Experience using design best practices, innovative methodologies and lean methodologies to inspire creativity using Design Thinking
- Experience defining the vision & strategy for global companies that build digital products with cultural nuances
- Experience influencing across a wide range of stakeholders & partners
- Experience with developing workshops, rapid prototyping & iterative development
- Ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
- Ability to present concepts in a compelling data-driven, research backed way to obtain buy-in
- Empathy for end users and consumers with a passion for building easy to use, delightful user experiences.
- Self-starter, responsible and takes ownership over work
- Respectful team player. Loves to laugh. Relaxed and determined. Problem-solver. Puzzle-solver. Challenge-lover. Knowledge sponge. Enthusiastic. Awesome.
- Confident, yet very humble. Little ego, big open mind. Reflective.
- Formal education in interaction design, user research, human-factors or similar
- Experience designing complex web service applications (beyond marketing/brochure websites).
- Experience working in an agile environment with issue tracking tools to track daily work.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elsevier is a global information analytics business that helps institutions and professionals progress science, advance healthcare and improve performance for the benefit of humanity. We help researchers make new discoveries, collaborate with their colleagues, and give them the knowledge they need to find funding. We help governments and universities evaluate and improve their research strategies. We help doctors save lives, providing insight for physicians to find the right clinical answers, and we support nurses and other healthcare professionals throughout their careers.Elsevier provides digital solutions and tools in the areas of strategic research management, R&D performance, clinical decision support, and professional education; including ScienceDirect, Scopus, SciVal, ClinicalKey and Sherpath. Elsevier publishes over 2,500 digitized journals, including The Lancetand Cell, more than 35,000 e-book titles and many iconic reference works, including Gray?s Anatomy. Elsevier is part of RELX Group, a global provider of information and analytics for professionals and business customers across industries. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization.