This position can be based in Boise, ID, Los Gatos, CA or US Remote
Cradlepoint was born in Boise and built for wireless. We are a team of authentic, hard-working, and innovative people driven by a shared vision toConnect Beyond the limits of wired networks. We help customers - big and small, across industries and around the world - utilize LTE and 5G cellular technology to connect people, places, and things, anywhere.We're at the forefront of the Wireless WAN and 5G - the next big waves in networking - and we remain as hungry and humble as the day we started. If you're hungry to be part of something big, come join us.
How Will You Contribute to the Company?
Cradlepoint is actively seeking an inspiring Principal Product Manager for the NetCloud SaaS product team. The candidate is expected to have demonstrated thought leadership, hands-on experience, deep knowledge, and understanding in the following areas:
What Will You Do?
- Process and tools needed by IT teams to build LAN and WAN networks from SMB to large Enterprises
- Building or operating large-scale IP networks. Specific expertise in SDWAN/SASE is a plus
- How Cloud networking is transforming the way Enterprises are building their WAN's
- Defining and delivering competitive network configuration and visibility services that provide a more complete product experience for users
- Technical details and practical business application of how Enterprises centrally manage and support a geographically diverse network to align product vision and roadmap
This position encompasses both, outbound and inbound functions. As a result, the candidate is expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Own the business for NetCloud's Network Design uses cases to deliver the next generation of capabilities to build and configure networks through an intuitive user experience
- Engage customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to determine requirements, technical considerations, and business objectives
- Work with the product leadership team to assess the current product offering and set the vision, strategy, and execution plan for NetCloud Network Design service(s) over the next three (3+) years with metrics to measure success
- Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements, and functional specifications
- Work across engineering, business development, sales, and marketing to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market
- Lead cross-functional alignment to direct planning and execution across the full product lifecycle
- Ask the hard questions, be able to determine what not to build, and explain why in terms that stakeholders understand based on analysis, data, and business objectives
- Conduct market and competitive research to build business cases fortable stakes and differentiated functionality
- Maintainacomprehensive understanding ofcustomer network architectures and corresponding technicalrequirements
- Analyze data from a variety of sources to answer product or operational-related questions and incorporate the analysis into decision-making processes
- Work closely with Product Marketing totranslate the features into customer benefits
- Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and manage and corral multiple partners and technologies
- Representthe voice of the customer; distill product requirements into actionable user stories
- Ruthlessly prioritize
- Activelyparticipate in Agile process
- Embraceuncertainty,beflexible andprepare forthe fact that requirements will change with time, andplanhow to adapt to the changes without breakingthe team's executioncadence
- Become a SME in their initiative's value, use cases, and related customer problem
- Build and maintain a relationship with stakeholders
- Train Support, Sales, and Marketing on initiative
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ten (10+) years of relevant product management and team leadership experience preferably in an Enterprise Networking/Security infrastructure company
- Five (5+) years of working in an Agile, continuous delivery model with experience inCloud and SaaS platforms, subscription-based packaging, and recurring revenue models
- Proven track record of launching software applications at targeted markets globally
- Experience engaging and influencing senior leaders and stakeholders to share progress, recognition, and drive change
- Data-backed synthesis of customer behavior and product line performance; Able to communicate the customer narrative to influence others to make customer-backed decisions and take fast action
- Entrepreneurial mindset: be innovative and willing and able to challenge the status quo, as well as be a seasoned risk taker who makes data-driven decisions
- Ability to travel up to twenty percent (20%)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Note: Did you know that women and other marginalized groups often hold back on applying to jobs if they don't meet 100% of all listed requirements? We don't want you to hold back! If you don't check every single box above but still feel like you could successfully do the work, we encourage you to apply! We'd love to connect and see how you could add to our team.Why Cradlepoint?
At Cradlepoint, we're one team - all in on inclusion. Celebrating the uniqueness of our individual team members across the globe helps us build diverse teams where we all can thrive. Our connected, community-focused culture enables each one of us to perform at our best and fully be ourselves.
Our Cradlepoint values drive everything we do:
Stay humble and hungry: Be a curious learner, resilient, and competitive.
Don't point a finger; lend a hand: We are one team! Communicate, provide support, and lift others.
Make a difference: Prioritize, innovate, differentiate, and think big for customer success. Make a difference in work and in our communities.
Keep it simple: Eliminate complexity. Reduce time to value.
Enjoy the ride: Celebrate - appreciate - grow.
Trust, Respect, and transparency: Be ethical, data-driven, respectful, and straight shooters who share openly.
We are creating the future of global connectivity & community. Come join us. You belong here.Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary with a focus on a global market; Annual and Incremental Incentive plans; employee retirement plans (where available)
- Flexible Time Off with Global Holiday Schedules to promote work-life balance
- Wellness initiatives focused on the health and mental well-being of our team members and their families, including free membership to Headspace (a mindfulness and well-being app), an International Employee Assistance Program, and dedicated quarterly Well-being Days and No Internal Meeting Fridays.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Eligible to participate in customary health and other benefit plans and programs based on location
- Work from home opportunities across our global locations with a culture rooted in inclusion and teamwork
Cradlepoint's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging mission is to create an inclusive work environment where all employees' differences are celebrated, their thoughts matter, and everyone feels safe to bring their authentic selves to work. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and aim to attract, develop, and engage top talent from a diverse candidate pool. It is our policy and commitment to provide equal opportunity employment for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.