GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab9, the world leader in RF semiconductor manufacturing in Essex Junction, VT, is seeking a RIE ETCH semiconductor equipment engineer. The individual selected for this position will be part of the Manufacturing Engineering organization with primary responsibilities focused on installation, support, and continuous improvement of 200mm semiconductor equipment.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Establish and manage the equipment budget and cost model
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in support of throughput and tool availability improvements, cost reduction, and yield learning.
- Define and maintain equipment installation roadmaps - Drive equipment planning, equipment selection and configuration with the area process engineers, including installation, start up and volume ramp of process equipment.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to screen and optimize equipment to meet technology (performance, yield, and reliability) and manufacturing (process stability, cost of ownership) targets.
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to lead hands on, tactical troubleshooting efforts to resolve long term performance issues; must be able to deconstruct and understand complex systems
- Collaborate with GLOBALFOUNDRIES integration and process engineering to support development of improved next generation technologies.
- Support technology transfer to other fabricators.
- Ability to marry both the equipment and process sides of issues, focusing on delivering the right results on product.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Technology related Associate's degree: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline and 10 years technical equipment experience working on 200mm/300mm semiconductor platforms
- Fluent in English
- 10% travel may be required.
- Technology related Bachelor's degree: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Solid State Physics or other relevant discipline and 7 years technical equipment experience working on 200mm/300mm semiconductor platforms
- Knowledge of semiconductor/silicon processing
- Understanding and knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse teams, customers, internal and external partners.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.