What you'll do at
What you'll do...
If you are an experienced crime data analyst with advanced skills in statistical, link, and geospatial analysis, then we want to talk to you! We are looking for a passionate, creative Principal Crime Data Analyst to join the Investigative Risk and Operational Compliance Center (IROCC) team. Reporting to the Director, Data Analytics, the Principal Data Analyst (IROCC) will be a part of a cross-functional team of Data Analysts and Scientists focusing on solving business problems in the Global Security subject area.
Location: This position is on-site at our Bentonville, AR (Home Office). This position is not considered remote or hybrid.
You'll make an impact by...
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- Preparing maps, charts and graphics indicating trends and providing analysis and explanations for these trends, as well as other correlations and indicators.
- Researching and compiling data from various sources; developing analytical techniques and data-gathering processes; assembling, analyzing, and interpreting data; identifying current and historical trends, patterns, and irregularities; developing and presenting findings and recommendations.
- Developing, designing, and administering databases and data sets; determining requirements; tracking and reporting statistics; overseeing the integration and migration of data between databases.
- Training end-users in the interpretation of analytical products, use of custom-built applications and dashboards, utilization of data collection instruments, and data management/quality control procedures.
- You have five or more years of experience as a crime analyst.
- You have knowledge of principles, practices, and methods of statistical and predictive analysis, geospatial, network and data compilation, tracking, analyses, and communication.
- You have experience with ArcGIS, Power BI or Tableau, relational databases, SQL, open-source crime statistics datasets, link and network analysis software, standard office software, statistical analysis software, and presentation software.
- You have advanced research and analytical writing skills.
- You have knowledge of data collection and processing uses and capabilities, and database management techniques.
- You have the ability to manage a high volume of tasks and competing priorities under tight deadlines.
- You have experience leading team projects and mentoring junior team members.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, FlexTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help 220 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.comMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)Primary Location...
2914 Se I St, Bentonville, AR 72712-3148, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"The people you work with are ready to help without hesitation to make sure you succeed, it's just part of the culture." - Shelby, Project AnalystHello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
This job has expired.