Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Primary Objective: This position is responsible for operating a highly automated, direct laminating line to ensure 1st quality laminate flooring products while meeting or exceeding expected safety, quality, production and customer satisfaction goals.
Develop and improve process procedures and forms to improve process efficiency, utilization and quality.
- Understand the DL process and DL equipment operation.
- Translate that understanding into understandable process procedures and specifications.
- Regularly audit procedures and process specifications for applicability and effectiveness.
- Identify and recommend changes as needed.
Active process monitoring to ensure product quality.
- Understand product requirements and expectations for milling and consumers.
- Monitor product quality and take proactive action to minimize non-conforming products.
- Monitor and adjust machine parameters to ensure proper product alignment for Embossed-In-Register requirements and physical core/décor alignment for proper milling results.
- Perform regular quality tests and measurements using appropriate procedures, gauges and tools.
- Identify and correct deficiencies proactively.
Patrol line to ensure efficiency and utilization goals are met or exceeded.
- Understand and operate all process line equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensure raw material is prepared and introduced to minimize line stoppages.
- Ensure line stoppages are identified and cleared in a timely manner.
- Identify issues affecting line performance and elevate quickly, if needed, to resolve.
- Support maintenance efforts on the equipment to assure timely resolution of problems.
- Understand equipment and product set-up requirements and perform efficiently.
- Prepare for product changes to ensure maximum equipment availability.
Support business requirements.
- Use business operating systems such as PARIS and end of shift reports.
- Assist in closing orders and beginning new orders.
- Write data onto process tickets, finished product and enter data on computer system as needed. Maintain process logs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Support the training of other associates.
Work effectively in a team environment.
Perform other duties as assigned.Material Handler:
(there are times when Operator has to perform MH duties)
Knowledge, Experience, Competencies and Supervision:
- Loads and unloads all manufacturing items used and produced in manufacturing from trailers.
- Loads and unloads trailers on a daily basis.
- Physically stores and locates raw material
- Uses computerized inventory system to store and retrieve materials.
- Verifies each pallet of material matches the manufacturing order before loading the buffer or loading material onto a truck to be shipped.
- Perform quality checks on incoming raw materials including, measuring material to determine if material meets milling specifications
- Operate industrial trucks, conveyors, carts and buffer and performs daily inspections on equipment as required
- Informs line operators of materials staged on the floor and in the production line.
- Enters information and data into a computer system.
- Keep raw materials separated and ready to load onto production lines by product specifications and line requirements.
- Fill out paper work including infeed log, end of order forms, end of shift paperwork and other paperwork as needed.
- Returns empty pallets and protector boards to the shipping area.
- Charges and changes batteries during the shift.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as sweeping floors, cleaning under buffer and conveyors, taking out trash and other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by members of management
Education and Knowledge:
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2-4 years previous manufacturing experience in an automated, statistically process controlled operation.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous industrial lift/reach truck experience preferred.
- Prior experience within flooring manufacturing facility and or direct laminating process would be a plus.
- Able to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis of problem and evaluation of alternate solutions; use logic, mathematics, or other problem solving tools in data analysis or in generating solutions.
- Able to perform mathematical calculations, including conversion to metric systems
- Able to write clearly and effectively present ideas to document activities; to read and interpret written information.
- Able to start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and sense of urgency.
- Able to communicate with others in a helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Able to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Other Pertinent Job Information:
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating shift.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.