Facilitates the integration and management of all daily functions of the sections to ensure optimal patient access and customer satisfaction. Encourages standardization of processes and procedures, and is accountable for system operations.
1. Leads the health care team of each assigned section in all aspects of the daily operations of the individual section(s).
2. Interviews and hires new support staff. Trains new employees in section administrative procedures, evaluates the performance of secretarial/nursing staff, encourages and supports staff education, and fosters personal and professional development of all support personnel. Maintains and promotes a harmonious work environment within the section and handles performance problems up to and including termination.
3. Continually assesses the sections needs and changes support staff roles and levels.
4. Assumes leadership responsibility for the operational and informational management systems in all assigned sections. Develops efficient procedures with an emphasis on high quality of patient care. Develops policies and procedures for all internal operating systems. Standardizes systems between sections.
5. Facilitates a multidisciplinary approach to problem identification and resolution with other departments/sections at D-H.
6. Identifies and develops new programs or methodologies for delivering the sections' services more effectively and efficiently by initiating and reviewing proposals for modifying operational systems, practices, policies and procedures, and implementing necessary changes.
7. Develops and carries out a full range of financial management activities of the assigned sections. These include preparation of the annual budget, monitoring sections' performance in relation to budget, and developing strategies for improvement and/or the correction of deviations from budget.
8. Provides leadership and direction for sections in maximizing revenues and minimizing operating costs/expenses by periodically reviewing patient billing, coding practices and compliance, fee structure, and the implementation of revenue maximization and cost control measures where appropriate. Coordinates these activities with the institutional operating plan and the specific financial plan for the Department.
9. Assures adherence to institutional standards of practice for nursing care.
10. Assures adherence to institutional policies and procedures related to Human Resources, Billing, Outpatient and OR Scheduling, Referring Physician Communication Standards, etc.
11. Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree of Science with 5 years of related supervisory/ management experience, or the equivalent in education and experience required.
Master's degree preferred.
Excellent organization, interpersonal, oral and writing skills required.
Exemplary leadership qualities.
Prior experience with budgetary preparation and systems development required.
The ability to relate and deal effectively with physicians, administrators, support staff, and the general public with a high degree of tact and discretion required.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills: