Job ID: 393019
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
Pipe Layers are responsible for assembling, connecting, and constructing pipe systems for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
Ensures ground is prepped and trenches are dug out for pipes. Also aligns pipes and seals joints together with required material.
Pipe Layers will work with pipe crew setting RCP, RCB, Waterline, and sanitary pipe for pipe extensions and full pipe crossings.
- May operate hand and or power tools
- Follow all required safety rules, policies and guidelines
- Set up laser with grades and verify all percentage slopes on drawings
- Make necessary corrections with field supervision
- Configure pipe routes
- Align pipes in pipeline sections
- Dig trenches with trenching tools
- Insert pipe into trenches
- Insert spaces in between pipes.
- Pull out defective or misaligned pipes.
- Inspect places where pipes are fitted together to ensure pipes are spaced out properly and according to specifications.
- Lay pipe for storm or sanitation sewers, drains, and water mains.
- Grade trenches or culverts.
- Seal joints
- Ensure pipes are fitted and aligned using pipe laser or transit levels.
- Cover pipes with dirt or other material.
- Drill holes into pipes for auxiliary connections.
- Work with concrete, and pvc pipes.
This job summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position.
The job summary is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Required Skills & Experience
What CRH Offers You
- Physical ability to perform assigned tasks
- Basic knowledge of operating hand and power tools of various types
- Knowledge of working with concrete, and pvc pipes.
- Previous experience setting up to 96" RCP and 12'x12' RCB.
- Previous experience with safety end treatments, sanitary, storm manholes, inlets. All pipe fittings for sanitary and waterline.
- At least 3-5 years in utility roadway construction
- Flexibility to work days & nights as needed
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 1, 2022 Job Segment:
This job has expired.