The Physical Therapy Aide Is responsible for aiding the department therapists (PT, OT, ST) in patient management such as bed mobility, transfers, walking & set-up and treatment tasks.
Job Title: Physical Therapy Aide
Employment Type: Part-Time / 20 hours weekly
Shift: Rotating Shift
Location: Germantown, MD
- Competitive salary
Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Metro Access, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Career growth opportunities
- The Physical Therapy Aide is responsible for aiding the department therapists (PT, OT, ST) in patient management such as bed mobility, transfers, walking & set-up and treatment tasks.
What you will need:Required:
- Performs support duties to facilitate operations of Hospital Rehabilitation Department.
- Collaborate with and supports therapists in their daily work schedule.
- Aides must be aware and utilize the principles of growth and development and prepared to work with patients throughout the developmental spectrum.
- Additional training may be required to work with specified groups of patients as determined by department guidelines and best practice.
- Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital.
- Current BLS (issued through the American Heart Association); if does not hold at time of hire, will be required to obtain within first 6 months of employment
- Ability to reads, write, speak and comprehends the English language
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to work under the direct supervision of a licensed therapist.
- Must comply with all department competencies as required.
- Previous experience as Hospital/nursing home Therapy Aide is preferred.
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.