West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for a Temporary Pharmacist with the Pharmaceutical Systems and Policy for the School of Pharmacy
About the Opportunity
As a Pharmacist (Per Diem) at Rational Drug Therapy Program, you will be responsible for conducting clinical reviews of prior authorization requests, performing concurrent drug utilization review with program instructions, and providing general pharmacy information using the point-of-sale computer system established by the West Virginia Bureau of Medical Services (WVBMS) on an as needed basis. Through this role, you will assist in carrying out Rational Drug Therapy Program’s mission to ensure WV Medicaid, WV PEIA, and CHIP members receive safe, rational, cost effective, and patient outcome-oriented drug therapy.
What you’ll do:
Length of Assignment: Approximately 8 monthsWork week: Approximately 16 hpwQualifications
- Provide professional services to the WVBMS which include but are not limited to:
- Prior authorization clinical reviews
- Evaluations of appropriateness of therapeutic duplications
- Recommendations of appropriate formulary alternatives
- Conduct reviews of home infusion therapy requests
- Literature reviews applicable to prior authorization requests
- Clinically evaluate the appropriateness of various infectious disease drug therapy regimens
- Evaluate the clinical appropriateness of drug therapy approval with newly marketed medications as allowed by the program
- Evaluate claims for accuracy of billing
- Review individual prior authorization, drug utilization review, and billing inquiries and use clinical decision-making skills and therapeutic judgment to determine if claim payment can be approved.(please delete)
- Initiate research to gather and evaluate information from various references to perform prospective drug utilization reviews.
- Acquire and maintain clinical knowledge and information on various disease states in which the program is involved via current, evidenced-based recommendations
- Review inquiries from technical employees of the program and ascertain the clinical appropriateness of the outcome in comparison to the drug utilization evaluation against which the inquiry is being presented.
- Supervise the information being released by non-professional personnel to persons making inquiries.
- Respond to inquiries in a friendly, professional manner.
• Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree.
• A minimum of two (2) years of managed care experience is required.
• Demonstrated ability to make valid clinical judgments concerning a patient's drug therapy needs, given the guidelines of the program.
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a team player and make constructive suggestions to appropriate peers and supervisors.
• Exhibits excellent customer service skills and orientation.
• Exhibits excellent skills in handling difficult persons.
• Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate drug use in most common disease states.
• Exhibits a strong understanding of retail pharmacy operations and insurance billing processes associated with retail pharmacy operations.
• Demonstrated excellent computer data entry, software (Windows and Office-based), and typing skills.
• Ability to follow guidelines and convey information in an accurate manner.
• Exhibits the flexibility and the ability to work with different insurance plans and different guidelines.
• Demonstrates the ability to perform duties in compliance with WVU HIPAA and patient confidentiality requirements.
• Ability to maintain proper unit attendance and punctuality standards. Certifications:
• Licensed/Registered Pharmacist in WV or Eligible for Licensure/Registration in WV.
This job has expired.