**$5,000 Sign-On Bonus for Licensed Technicians**
**$2,500 Sign-On Bonus for new hires**
Creepy crawlies and contented customers. Intrigued?
You might be just who we're looking for.
Busting bugs has its benefits. Company-provided truck, gas, and phone. Benefits include a 401(k) with a company match. But it's more than that. It's serving with a smile. It's having your teammates' backs. It's going above and beyond and making a difference. We step in and step up when people have problems they can't fix, and they need the pros. We crush their pest problems and lift their spirits.
Back to you. Are you a hard worker? Can you follow direction, adapt to change, and solve problems? Are you organized, friendly, and motivated to succeed? That's a great place to start.
As a Pest Control Technician, here's what you can expect
What your days will look like
- You won't be tied to a desk. You'll be out and about - mobile, independent, and growing your career with a clear view of next steps. You'll be the face of Terminix to your local community (with the backing of a national brand), and your clients will count on you to protect their businesses, their homes, and their families.
- When you first join Terminix Nation, you'll spend a few months in training. Once you've got that and some state-required licenses and certificates under your belt, you'll take the lead with your own customers.
- You'll get rewarded with competitive pay and robust benefits to cover you and your family. As a teammate, you will be eligible for a 401(k) with company match, company-paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and a generous student loan repayment program. You put in the work, and you'll reap the rewards.
- You'll be part of a community - bonus points if you're already a leader in yours. Our bonds are strong at Terminix Nation and the relationships we develop in the communities we serve are unparalleled. Our teammates give back through volunteering, donations, scholarships, and more.
- You'll be onboarded and trained by the best of 'em. You'll get paid to get licensed, something you'll have for a lifetime. You'll know how to bust bugs at home, too.
- Roll up your sleeves and get ready to learn how we take care of customers. You'll become an expert in applying our company products so they're safe and effective.
- Are you a good driver? As a technician, your office is the cab of your Terminix truck. You'll use it on calls and take it home, too. Same goes for your Terminix phone. We trust our technicians.
- You'll be responsible for building relationships with customers, scheduling and confirming their appointments, helping with sales to current customers, and expanding our product to new customers.
- Does technology scare you? That's okay. We provide training and support to ensure you're comfortable using state-of-the-art tools. You'll also need to have strong communication skills so that you can email, text, call, talk, and write effectively. Oh, and sometimes there's paperwork.
- There's an opportunity to grow into a role you're passionate about and fits your skillset - whether that's management, a move to sales, or another opportunity at Terminix.
There are some things you'll just need to have or know to join Terminix Nation as a Pest Control Technician.
Straight talk about the physical demands of our work
- High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid reading, writing, and verbal communication skills and the ability to present information in both internal and external settings.
- Some basic math skills - add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. You'll need to be able to follow instructions for mixing on product labels.
- With the help of Terminix (and with the company footing the bill), you'll need to maintain the licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, and/or local regulations. And you'll need a valid driver's license.
We're not going to sugarcoat it. The essential functions of this job have some physical demands (of course, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) Here's what we mean:
- You've got to be able to move up to 10 lbs. regularly and 11-20 lbs. frequently, whether that's lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- You'll move around a lot - regularly sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. You'll go up and down stairs, ladders, scaffolding, ramps, and poles. And you'll need to keep your balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or moving surfaces. (You'll definitely get your steps in.)
- You must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and make sure it and all other equipment is kept clean.
- The vision to perform detail-oriented activities at distances close to the eyes or within arm's reach.
- Sometimes you'll need to wear personal protective equipment (PPE), like an OSHA-compliant respirator, and you'll need to be okay with regularly working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways (you know, where critters live).
Pests don't always live in nice places - and that's where we do our work. But don't worry - we'll prepare you with all you need to do the work as safely and as comfortably as possible.
- You'll need to be able to work both inside and outside in your local climate in company-provided weather gear.
- You'll sometimes be working around mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights and scaffolding, fumes, dust, and chemicals, and we'll train you how to handle all of these conditions safely.
- This is kind of a no-brainer - you'll be around animals and insects.
- And you'll have to be okay with working in tight, confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways - like you might find in crawl spaces. We work where the critters live.
To join Terminix Nation, you'll need to meet state and federal regulations and company safety requirements.
Terminix companies are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers.
California residents click here to review your privacy rights. https://tinyurl.com/CA-Notice
This job has expired.