$4,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Performs a variety of patient care and administrative support functions under the supervision of a Medical Center Registered Nurse (RN) in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
Assists patients with personal care as needed for optimal recovery during hospitalization.
Performs basic nursing skills as delegated by an RN and in accordance with policy and procedure to promote patient health and wellness.
Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
Performs administrative support functions.
Maintains necessary skills and competencies.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Experience: No experience required
Licensure: American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS Certification required.
(1) Successful completion of the UVa PCT Education Program OR Successful completion of another PCT Education Program that has been approved by NPDS.
(2) Documented proof of at least 1 year of recent (within past 2 years) experience in a similar PCT role from an outside institution. Candidate must successfully complete a written exam and must successfully demonstrate clinical skills during 6 month probationary period.
(3) Passage of a nationally recognized and accredited PCT Certification exam. (Example - National Healthcareer Association - C-PCT). Present Certificate as verification.
(1) Currently enrolled student nurses who have successfully completed the Medical/Surgical Clinical Experience and Didactic are exempt from the Certified Nurse Aide requirement.
(2) EMT-B or above certification with 3 years EMT experience. Candidate must successfully complete a written exam and must successfully demonstrate clinical skills during 6 month probationary period.
Valid Virginia Driver's License (VADL) may be required.
Job requires frequently bending/stooping and driving (Home Health Aide only). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs and > 100lbs (Home Health Aide only). May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago