Shifts vary from 7am-7pm, to 3pm- 3am, and to 7pm- 7am. Shift differentials apply to the responding shift.
This full-time position is eligible for a $4000 sign on bonus!
Trinity Health Livonia Hospital is one of the nation's top healthcare service providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 5 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers. Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is part of Trinity Health, one of the largest multi-institutional Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation, serving communities in 21 states with 86 hospitals, 128 continuing care facilities and home health and hospice programs.
Trinity Health Livonia Hospital is a beautiful full-service, 304-bed acute care hospital, located in Livonia, MI, that provides comprehensive care, including a 24-hour emergency department, general medicine, inpatient and outpatient surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, intensive care unit, cancer, cardiology, geriatrics and birthing and women's health. Through several major expansions in the hospital, programs and services, St. Mary Mercy continues to offer the latest in quality health and medical services. St. Mary Mercy has received numerous awards recognizing excellence in clinical outcomes, patient safety, financial performance and efficiency.
Under the direction of a registered nurse, the patient care technician is responsible for direct patient care considering age specific, developmental, cultural and spiritual needs. Demonstrates unit/area-designated competencies. Assists in establishing and maintaining a patient care environment that is clean, safe and conducive to patient/family well being including concepts of relationship based care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs nursing care as delegated by the RN in an effort to identify/attain treatment goals such as:
- Records/calculates intake and output, obtains weights
- Applies support/orthopedic devices such as support hose and compression devices
- Obtains routine vital signs, pain score and temperature
- Assists the patient with: coughing, deep breathing, use of incentive spirometer, oral suctioning
- Applies warm and cold therapies (ice packs, Artic Sun, Bar Hugger, and cooling blanket)
- Provides care of the restrained patient including general care, application of the restraint and ongoing monitoring of the restrained patient
- Care and removal of Foley catheters
- Routine oxygen therapy, pulse oximetry
- Assist in preparing the body following death
Assists patient in completing ADLs including:
- Bathing, showering, toileting, positioning, turning, transferring & ambulation using assistive devices as needed and appropriate
- Assists with feeding and menu selection
- Distributes/collects nourishments and orders late trays
- Answers call lights
Demonstrates sterile or aseptic technique as appropriate when performing delegated activities such as:
- Collects and sends specimens including blood and blood cultures
- Removes peripheral IV catheters
- Competency based point of care testing such as blood glucose
Records patient information and required data in appropriate areas in order to meet documentation and charging requirements.
Assists in establishing and maintaining a patient care environment that is clean, safe, and conducive to patient/family well being
- Documents patient belongings upon admission to Behavioral Health Unit in the ED
- Prepare patient room for arrival/ assists in transfers and or discharge of patients
- Orients patient/family/visitors to patient room, unit, waiting area and facilities
- Assists patient/family in the use of hospital equipment (telephone, lights television)
- Makes occupied and unoccupied beds
- Collects and disposes of soiled linen
- Cleans and maintains equipment according to procedures
Provides wound and exit site care as delegated:
- Applies simple dressing to clean wounds of stage I or stage II depth (partial thickness) following assessment of the RN (does not include dressings that require topical ointments, gels, creams, packing or ace wraps)
- Secures complex dressings that have been changed by other caregivers.
- Performs PEG care and dressing changes
Completes delegated unit specific activities such as:
- Gathers post procedural data after initial nursing assessment such as vital signs.
- Places patients on monitors/telemetry and maintains lead placement
- Clean intermittent urinary catheterization
- Checks/restocks unit emergency equipment/supplies and nurse servers
- Performs other unit specific duties as delegated.
Performs general clerical duties as needed such as:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSURE
- Answers telephones and relays messages, making calls as necessary
- Assembles charts for transfer and discharges
- Makes a manual requisition for patient orders for Registered Nurse approval during emergencies, codes and downtime.
- Efficiently utilize FirstNet and Tele-tracking to ensure patient throughput
- Coordinates patient care in conjunction with the ED staff
Education:High school diploma or GED
Experience: Preferred of one year of previous direct care experience (acute or long term) OR successful completion of CENA, PCT, MA, or EMT course OR Student nurses must have completed their nursing fundamentals class of a BSN program.Why Trinity Health Michigan?
*Competitive Salaries and Shift Differentials
*Rich Benefits package which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time off, Retirement Saving Plan with employer contribution option, Tuition Reimbursement, Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability.
* Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout Trinity Health in 21 different states!!Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.