If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
**** $2,500 Sign On Bonus ****
The Patient Access department has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Patient Access Representative 3 to work on the UHealth campus. The Patient Access Representative 3 (On-Site) oversees the registration and financial clearance activities that will facilitate reimbursement for services rendered by the department, and serves as functional expert for department peers.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS
- Obtains, confirms, and enters demographic, financial, and clinical information necessary for financial clearance of scheduled patient accounts.
- Contacts patients' families or physicians' offices to obtain missing insurance information.
- Verifies insurance and confirms insurance eligibility of patient coverage benefits, notifying patient and referring physician in the event of failed eligibility.
- Collaborates with scheduling departments to identify add-on patients.
- Obtains necessary authorizations, pre-certifications, and referrals.
- Notifies patients of liabilities prior to date of service and collects funds.
- Maintains appropriate records, files, and accurate documentation in the system of record.
- Serves as a lead resource for lower level Patient Access Representatives.
- Recommends new approaches to management for enhancing performance and productivity.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience required
- Bilingual preferred
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.