Special Instructions Summary
This is a summer position with continuous employment into the next school year. Candidates with availability to begin working in May will be prioritized.
Join us this summer as we welcome IU's newest freshman class during orientations, make memories with summer conferences and weddings. There's no better way to spend your summer than engaging with other students while working a variety of events at IU Auditorium.
For over 80 years, IU Auditorium has been one of the premier entertainment and cultural centers in the Midwest and we are looking to add to our guest services team to uphold our mission of creating engaging arts and event experiences. Known for its presentation of a wide variety of events including the latest popular concerts and Broadway shows, IU Auditorium is a 3,200-seat theatre that has been a model of campus and community programming and engagement.
If you would want to gain experience in the events and entertainment industry, create your own schedule, and be a part of an amazing team, submit your application today!
- Greets and directs patrons at events.
- Creates a warm, welcoming atmosphere for guests.
- Monitors guest ingress and egress, seating guests, and assesses and resolves minor guest concerns.
- Assists with crowd management and line control.
- Ensures safe and memorable guest experiences.
- Assists guests with complaints or concerns; escalates concerns to supervisor when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled as a student at Indiana University
- Experience in sales or customer service
Working Conditions / Demands
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work in a team environment
Candidate has the ability to move through a multi-level facility, must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time, and can move equipment up to 10 pounds. Work Location
Bloomington, IndianaAdvertised Salary
$11.00 per hour
Additional increases available based on performance and experienceBenefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Part Time Employee
Job Function: Part Time Employee
Job Family: Part Time Student Employee
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.