VCA Colonial Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team. This position is a casual PT position.
Colonial Animal Hospital is a specialty & referral hospital located in the heart of the beautiful Finger lakes region in Upstate New York. We serve our clients 24hrs a day 365 days a year. The ideal candidate thrives in a changing environment, is interested in working with a diverse caseload and wants to work in a place that strongly values professional mentorship and client excellence.
Why We Need You
We strive to provide a fulfilling work environment for energetic and proactive Licensed Veterinary Technicians who are committed to outstanding patient care and client service.
The skills that you will be utilizing include, a multitude of technical skills to include but not limited to:
Patient assesment and monitoring
• Venipuncture, catheter placement
• radiology, anesthesia
• Physical examinations and patient assessment
• Sedation, procedures and , patient recovery
• Laboratory work, pharmacy, client communication
Technical ability to include compassionate handling and restraint, strong patient assessment and monitoring skills, the ability to perform supportive and invasive therapies and emergency procedure
Compassionate care of our hospitalized patients
Why You Should Consider Us
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500+ doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills-and even learn some new techniques-and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!