If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Gordon Center for Research in Medical Education has an exciting opportunity for a part-time Paramedic Instructor to work in Miami, FL.
The Paramedic Instructor instructs and trains medical personnel within areas of expertise in accordance with applicable standards and regulations. Additionally, the incumbent monitors the effectiveness of courses offered and utilizes advanced skills and knowledge to enhance student learning and participation.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assesses the instructional needs of the designated EMS programs.
- Plans, evaluates, and revises curriculum needs, and develops and implements course syllabi to assure the completion of program goals and requirements. Maintains current licensure and level of expertise and stays abreast of current changes in the field.
- Ensures that course syllabi are revised to accurately reflect the expectations the faculty have of the students.
- Provides students with current information regarding course requirements, grade determinations, testing, and programmatic polices.
- Participates in meetings to assist leadership's decision-making process and share expertise with colleagues.
- Compiles, administers, and grades assignments and examinations.
- Disseminates information to students and prepares exams and class presentations.
- Provides a safe environment for students by encouraging them to use available support services, engage in group activities, and participate in health science programs.
- Secures assigned equipment, classrooms, tools, resources, and all other relevant assets.
- Maintains FERPA standards as applied to public institutions of higher learning.
- Assists in implementing changes according to the recommendations set forth by the accrediting agencies.
- Follows the established clinical affiliation agreements with accredited clinical agencies.
- Participates in the development, assessment, implementation, and evaluation of institutional effectiveness plans and measures.
Education and Research - 90%
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Certification in relevant specialty or field
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Provides didactic instruction and psychomotor skills training in PEH courses to a diverse population of learners at the provider and instructor level.
- Teaches a minimum of 10 courses per term
- Administers written tests and skills performance evaluations of PEH course learners.
- Provides remedial tutoring of learners with identified deficiencies in performance of course requirements.
- Barring a conflict of interest, participates in the planning, development and/or implementation of the Center's annual Advance Life Support Competition.
- Maintains current knowledge of the latest evidence for the subject matters being taught.
- Participates in annual instructor update.
- Sets up and breaks down, puts away equipment, furniture, etc., as required by course.
- Assists in equipment and supply inventory maintenance.
- Contributes as a member of at least one performance improvement committee.
Public Relations 2%
- Participates in GCRME presentations to a variety of community, political and medical audiences.
- Promotes positive communications about the Center and its programs within the allied health care community and contributes to the Center's responsiveness to constituent agency educational needs.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Part timeEmployee Type: