At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Job Description:PayPal is seeking to hire an experienced paralegal to support PayPal's corporate legal team. This role can be based anywhere in the US, and will initially report to the Vice President, Corporate Legal & Secretary.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support public company securities and corporate governance matters, including the following:
- preparation of PayPal Holdings' SEC filings, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, and annual proxy statement;
- planning and logistics for annual stockholders' meeting;
- preparation and distribution of materials for public company Board of Directors and Committee meetings via board portal (Boardvantage) and maintenance of portal;
- preparation and distribution of directors' and officers' questionnaires; and
- maintenance of corporate governance policies, records and filings.
- Assist in responding to requests for corporate governance-related information and documents from the company's internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Support day-to-day management of general corporate governance matters for domestic and international subsidiaries, including the following:
- managing corporate entity database, and maintaining records and entity organizational charts;
- complying with applicable corporate governance requirements, including annual reports;
- preparing filings, resolutions, powers of attorney, and other required documentation; and
- formations, reorganizations, and dissolutions of subsidiaries, as well as other corporate transactions.
- Work with in-house and outside counsel as well as internal stakeholders to ensure that templates are in compliance with legal requirements and best practices.
- Work closely with a variety of key stakeholders, including in-house attorneys, outside counsel, Treasury, Tax, Accounting, Investor Relations, Risk and Compliance, Communications, HR, Legal Operations and business functions.
- Recommend and implement new processes and procedures to increase group efficiency and organization.
- Assist with general corporate matters and special projects.
- Bachelors' degree or paralegal certificate (ABA approved) is required.
- 7+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience, including law firm and in-house public company experience supporting securities and corporate governance matters.
- Highly proficient with board portals (e.g., Boardvantage) and subsidiary management databases (e.g., Diligent Entities).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Qualified (or able to become qualified) as a notary public.
- Strong attention to detail and well-organized, with the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- A high level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management skills, well organized, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Team oriented and able to work collaboratively and effectively with business clients and other legal department members.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity, sound judgment and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion.
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national hourly pay range for this role is
$26 to $67
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.