Job ID: 293959
Ash Grove Cement, a CRH company, provides portland and masonry cements to help build the foundation and infrastructure for the world around us. We ship millions of tons of cement from our plants and network of terminals located across the Midwest, Texas and Western United States. When you work for Ash Grove, you are connecting to something bigger. Join our team and help Ash Grove build America.
Operate spray painting and sandblasting equipment to apply protective coating and paints to fabricated structural steel material. Minor repairs to bring some areas up to standards before painting. May assist other workers.
- Ensure compliance with all posted and required MSHA and Company Safety Policies and a commitment to providing a safe environment for themselves, co-workers and visitors to the facility
- Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Be able to use various hand tools
- Adjust and inspect gaskets on pumps and equipment.
- Assemble, install and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Inspect and repair plant parts prior to painting
- Perform rigging of heavy loads.
- Must participate in 5S Housekeeping Program within the plant.
- Must be able to fabricate from prints and sketches in an accurate and timely manner.
- Repair and replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators and related equipment.
- Must be able to operate mobile equipment.
- Must keep areas clean.
- Must maintain and repair Gators and trucks.
- Must follow SPCC - spill control procedures.
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Assist with other departmental needs as required.
- Must be able to provide instruction, direction and support to outside contractors for special projects or plant outages.
High School Graduate or GED, preferred
1 year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education, skills, abilities and expereince
Ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities and must meet qualifications required for this position. About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Cement is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Lake City Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Coating, Painter, Engineering, Manufacturing
This job has expired.