Overview: Develops and maintains all construction documents for new and existing product for Beazer Homes USA. Assists Design Associates and Project Managers in preparing new product schematics (floorplans, elevations, options, etc.) and in making redline changes to existing plans.
Company Overview: Beazer Homes is committed to employee wellbeing and life-work balance, offering development opportunities, a flexible time-off program, and an industry leading parental leave policy.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafts and produces new and existing product for all Beazer divisions using manual and AutoCAD techniques.
- Manages and maintains plan files. Makes revisions and updates construction drawings and schematics as needed.
- Assists with regular plan production orders if required.
- Prepares plans and specifications for lenders as needed.
- Develops and prepares sales and marketing handouts and brochure materials including artwork preparation coordination. Ensures that each division has the most up to date information in handouts. Incorporates all plan revisions into new handouts in conjunction with construction document revisions.
- Pulls plan orders for blueprinting and makes copies of new plan sheets for Planning and Design files and distribution as needed.
- Assists Proj. Mgr. and assigned Design Associates with prep of schematic design for floor plans and elevations.
- Maintains drawings as needed, by making revisions and updating construction drawings and schematic drawings, as well as keeping track of revisions to be made in the future.
- Prepares forms/coordinates procedures necessary to obtain copyright protection for current and future floor plans.
- Senior CAD Associate has more education and/or experience, has more difficult assignments and may supervise one or more other Regular, Jr. CAD Associates. Regular CAD Associate has more education and/or experience than Junior Associate and takes on more difficult assignments.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor degree in design/construction related field from accredited institution with four plus years direct work experience including use of AutoCAD, or a two year technical degree with six years direct work experience including two years of AutoCAD use, or no degree and minimum 10 years direct work experience including 4 years of AutoCAD use.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work on several projects and tasks on a daily basis.
- Available to work beyond normal work hours if required to meet scheduled deadline.
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate information necessary in order to perform duties.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of residential construction, building codes, and drafting standards.
- Ability to use computers and drafting software efficiently as well as use word processing, e-mail, and spreadsheet software for communication and data input.
Physical Requirements Additional Responsibilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion. Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants
, which includes a link to an additional notice for California residents and which link can also be visited directly at Beazer.com/Californiaprivacy
. Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired.