At Trane Technologies®
we Challenge Possible. Our brands - including Trane®
and Thermo King®
- create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what's possible for a sustainable world.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for revenue and market share growth within a defined market area for the South East this will include: AL, GA, and FL. Success requires a diverse skill set of recruiting new business, managing the onboarding process, account success planning and establishing ongoing account growth expectations to meet and exceed targets.
Achieve targeted growth objectives; secure budgeted sales while achieving margin goals for the defined market area.
Create Win net new business; identify prospects, research contacts, define business opportunity and execute a plan to secure new business.
Grow active accounts using Life Cycle Account Management; identify maturity stage for active accounts and develop account specific business plans to achieve sales targets.
Team for success; work with internal team members to utilize diverse inputs and perspectives to strengthen strategy and execution.
Develop trusted advisor role with active accounts; cultivate strong working relationships within all organizational levels, facilitate needed sales and technical training, integrate customer goals with sales plan goals for mutual growth.
Industry trend awareness and analysis; deep knowledge of competitors offerings and strategies including disruption trends and new market entrants.
Activity reporting and accountability; maintain activity targets and reporting of actions taken to achieve intermediate goals in cooperation with team members and established sales process.
Experience with new account creation; prospecting skills, quantifying opportunities, communicating value proposition, objection handling, provide industry insights to challenge status quo.
Consultative account management; create customer value through partnership and active listening to solve problems with broader solutions.
Opportunity Management; experience working within a sales process to demonstrate accountability for actions taken to achieve business goals.
- College degree is highly desired, equivalent professional experience will be considered.
- Minimum 8 years successful experience in Business Development and/or Sales. HVAC or related industry is preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish-English) preferred
- Demonstrated competency in consultative, relationship, listening, and selling skills.
- Solid proficiency in business and problem solving skills (including at the consumer level).
- Experience with presenting subject matter online and in person
- Demonstrated proficiency in collecting and analyzing data into actionable plans and results with the ability to execute.
- Knowledge of HVAC products/parts and HVAC systems applications is preferred.
- Highly self-motivated, goal oriented, resilient.
- Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Works well in a team environment with diverse members of different backgrounds and experiences to achieve business results.
- Strong competence in computer usage. Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Ability to travel 50 -75%.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what's possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.