If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of LAORA has an exciting opportunity for a full time OPO Community Education Specialist 2 position. The incumbent plans, develops, and implements internal and external communication projects and initiatives on behalf of the assigned department. The incumbent creates and identifies opportunities to promote a favorable perception of organ donation and transplantation to internal and external audiences. An employee in this position also acts as a liaison to LAORA stakeholders to provide communication support.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS
- Develops communication materials, including web information, fact sheets, letters, emails, and instant messaging for the purpose of communicating with target groups.
- Plans and implements targeted communication campaigns.
- Acts as the point of contact for project-related questions and makes recommendations to resolve problems and issues.
- Logs contact information and discussion topics for yield analysis.
- Maintains information databases, and tracks, measures, evaluates, and reports achievements of internal and external communication goals.
- Develops reports and distributes them to department leadership.
- Assists with the administration of the assigned department's communication budget.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.