Job ID: 392180
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
Oldcastle APG's Operations Performance Teams goal is to improve APG into a world class manufacturing operation, driving financial improvement and employee satisfaction. The Operations Performance Lead is an integral role that supports all Operations Performance initiatives at the Company level to maximize efficiencies. This role will assist the local facilities in understanding and achieving goals that will drive financial results along with employee satisfaction. The OPL is a full-time hands-on, dedicated influencer, focused on delivering Operations Performance Systems (OPS) and driving improvements across sites at each company.
This position will report directly to the Company President or VP of Operations and will work with each site to:
- Leverage dashboards and reporting tools to continually monitor performance, identify gaps and put action plans in place to improve. Work directly with site leadership to execute actions
- Lead company performance reviews, track actions and drive improvement effort
- Monitor Dashboards and reports daily by using Tableau and Vorne performance management system. Lean in to assist with issues when they arise.
- Act as liaison between Operations Performance Team and own company, responsible for troubleshooting issues / communicating changes
- Provide OPS coaching and orientation to new and existing site leadership as needed
- Participate in OPL Connectivity events, ensuring consistency across the OPL community
- Conduct frequent site visits and support continuous improvement efforts by enforcing the 5 Plant Fundamentals through audits
- Participate in OPS academy sessions as trainer, as needed
- Implement and monitor OPS tools at local companies across initiatives.
- Assist sites in maintaining their maintenance programs by utilizing Maintenance Connection (CMMS).
- Lead group training sessions on OPS tools and best practices
- Conduct one on one training with new operations employees
- Conduct one on one training on production floor with frontline employees
- Drive additional operations improvements projects locally including - but not limited to:
- Problem solving local production / equipment challenges
- Support capital improvement projects
- Streamline site(s) processes - analyze each site, define the bottlenecks for each production line, build and execute a plan to increase production efficiency
- Implement future OPS solutions yet to be developed
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in relevant field including engineering, management/finance, IT or 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing field
- 3 + years of demonstrated track record of driving improvements in operations or related field
- Very strong analytical skills - ability to analyze volumes of data, synthesize and communicate critical findings
- Communication skills that work with both a frontline manufacturing environment and an executive team
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time within a designated region including some overnight stays (travel restrictions apply during Covid-19)
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Jul 30, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Kansas City Job Segment:
Industrial, Operations Manager, Engineer, Performance Management, Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering, Human Resources
This job has expired.