Job ID: 448341
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
This position will perform general administrative duties for the department it is assigned to. This individual will perform routine clerical functions and may support more than one department simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare reports and sorts and files documentation
- Assist management in forecasting sales demands to maximize production efficiencies
- Prepare and issue daily production schedules to minimize inventory levels while maximizing product availability and customer satisfaction
- Manage the location and life of all molds and works with management on annual mold purchases
- Prepare and issues purchase orders and change notices
- Review purchase order claims and contracts
- Assist accounting department in verifying pricing and receipts of purchased products
- Contact suppliers on adjustments, incorrect materials/supplies, delivery delays, etc
- Schedule inbound delivery dates and negotiate freight payment terms
- Issue purchase orders and receive product into Lawson
- Determine optimal manufacturing and purchasing volumes based on historical usage and current level in stock
- Maintain historical records by filing documents
- Organize and maintains file systems, and files correspondence and other records
- Maintain group calendar for employee vacation schedules
- Conduct safety orientations with visitors
- Order and maintain supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance
- Provide support for assigned department(s)
- Develop and grow internal and external customer relationships for the purpose of improving company's growth
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports
- Some A/P & A/R filing and file maintenance
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements / Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least one year of office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic office equipment (phone, fax, copier, 10-key)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees, peers, supervisors, vendors and customer is an effective manner
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and have problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Ability to perform advanced math calculations
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables with little or no structure
- Internal and external customer service oriented
- Ability to work independently
What CRH Offers You
- Ability to perform sedentary work, occasional walking, standing, squatting, and bending required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Prolonged sitting, repetitive use of fingers and hands for typing
- Available to work overtime as necessary
- May be required to work under stressful conditions
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Oldcastle APG, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 24, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Fontana Nearest Secondary Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Temporary, Clerical, Operations, Administrative, Contract
This job has expired.