Dow has an exciting opportunity for an Operating Technician in Hahnville, LA.
The Operating Technician operates assigned equipment or areas of the plant to ensure safe, quality, and efficient operation of the entire plant.
This role will perform the duties associated with but not limited to operating the plant, which includes the operation of control systems and devices to monitor levels, temperatures, pressures, flow rates and transfer of products, writing Safe Work Permits, sampling, making area checks, Red Tags, Return to Operations (RTO), completing checklists, housekeeping, etc.
- Follows Operating Discipline principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas.
- Operates and field checks process equipment.
- Monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems.
- Performs tasks assigned to operations as per Master Task List. (e.g., Field checks, equipment preparation, samples, etc.)
- Ensures operational activities and process performance are aligned with Plant and business goals.
- Uses troubleshooting skills to resolve process, product quality, safety, and environmental problems and identify equipment requiring maintenance.
- As required, initiates and participates in Root Cause Investigations.
- Coach and train others on plant operations.
- Performs immediate response activities assigned by Immediate Response Leader.
- Uses process knowledge and skills to make improvements in plant performance and Operating discipline.
- Performs process equipment troubleshooting, minor repairs, improvements and preventative maintenance, utilizing appropriate processes and disciplines
- Performs all duties with a high degree of dedication to safety and environmental stewardship.
**This role will have an assessment to complete during the application process. Please allow 30 minutes - 1 hour to complete the assessment at the time of application. You will not be able to save your application for later. Even if you have taken this assessment before please click on the link. An assessment is required for each position you apply to.**
- Willing and able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as needed.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Previous process operator/technician experience.
Able to meet the following physical demands of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Lift, push, and pull.
- Frequent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Stand 50% of the time.
- Walk for extended periods of time.
- Work at heights, climb stairs and ladders.
- Work in tight and closed in spaces.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment, including but not limited to respirator.
- Work in an area of intense or continuous noise.
- Work in an area with hazardous materials.
High School diploma or equivalent AND one of the following are required:
- Associates degree in Process Technology. In lieu of a degree, Dow will consider 4 or more years of relevant military experience.
- 2 or more years of industrial manufacturing experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Able to understand, analyze, and resolve technical problems in work area.
- Have a desire to learn and develop technical skills to keep current with changing operations.
- Be proficient in computers to perform job tasks.
- Have strong Interpersonal, Facilitative, and Organizational skills.
- Effectively interacts with multiple functions and diverse individuals to achieve goals.
- Demonstrates excellent decision making skills and the ability to prioritize appropriately.
- Effectively manages multiple competing priorities.
- Has strong troubleshooting skills.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate with a very diverse population which is spread across the site.
- Strong reading comprehension and listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Able to work with independently with minimal supervision with in an empowered team environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Safety focused.
**The Dow Chemical Company does not offer relocation assistance for this position. This includes reimbursement for travel expenses incurred to and from test sessions/interviews. If you apply for a position that is not within the area in which you reside, you will be responsible for all costs that you incur. **
- A robust total rewards program, including: competitive base pay, variable pay that rewards individual, team, and Company performance, and comprehensive benefits
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company, with a purpose to deliver a sustainable future for the world through our materials science expertise and collaboration with our partners. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer care. Dow operates 106 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $39 billion in 2020. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career. Further information regarding Dow's equal opportunities is available on www.dow.com.
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to providing opportunities without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us or you may call us at 1-833-My Dow HR and select option 0, then press *.
This job has expired.