At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As Business Acumen Training Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca for our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
The Field Deployment Manager/Associate Director, Oncology will lead and drive the successful planning, design, leadership decisions/relationships, development, delivery and communication of Field Deployment (Commercial Field Force Size and Structure + Targeting and Alignment) events and operations end to end for their supported brands/functions within the AZ US Oncology business. This role requires a high performing, proactive and visible leader with strong consultative skills supported by expert business acumen. Within a fast paced and demanding work environment (currently 5 Oncology franchises with dedicated field teams and support functions) the role provides and requires a high degree of leadership exposure and opportunity to influence critical resource allocation decisions. The role will entail a mix of hands-on analytics as well as management of our vendor/partner for Strategic Sales Planning (strategic and day to day operations). S/he will collaborate with a broad range of cross functional leaders across AZ Oncology including Field Sales Leadership, Field Sales OAS's, Insights and Analytics, TA Marketing, IT, HR, Compliance, Legal, Corporate Affairs and Finance among others. This individual will also engage with key Sales Force Operations (SFO) subject matter experts to understand where/how their key processes connect to other SFO Processes (Incentive Comp, Reporting, Tools and Capabilities, etc. and vice versa) across all commercial channels and champion / pull through departmental objectives. This resource will report to the Director, Field Deployment and Incentive Compensation.
- Lead and manage strategic planning (shaping options, decisions, implementation and executive relationship management) for accountable field sales/support function teams
- Lead Alignment & Targeting change events by cataloging process dependencies and ensuring synchronization to meet rollout deadlines
- Drive successful development and on time delivery of sub-national call plans pulling thru size and structure decisions and ensuring strong understanding of stakeholder needs.
- Where applicable, lead the strategic planning, targeting & alignment and attainment performance engagements aligned to their accountable AZ Alliances/Co-Pros
- Develop and administer Targeting and Alignment training materials to functional area and Field Sales audiences
- Develop and manage associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements
- Conduct / manage / deliver ad hoc requests from Sales and Marketing leadership
- Collaborate with their Field Deployment peer and Sales Force Operations (SFO) peers and subject matter experts to synchronize changes between therapeutic areas and commercial channels
- Partner with / educate Sales Leaders to ensure deployment are optimized and processes are efficiently executed
- Prepare and help deliver Field Sales communications to ensure pull through of Targeting strategy. This requires an ability to 'make the complex simple'
- Manage key compliance / legal requirements by monitoring customer blocks entries to synchronize with critical Targeting / Alignment / Incentive Compensation (IC) and Rewards data gathering milestones
- Liaise with HR Field Partners and Sales Support Coordinator regarding resource moves
- Anticipate system and process constraints by monitoring multiple compounding or conflicting requests from Brand, Sales, and/or other Commercial sources
- Manage analytics to support efficient operations, process assurance, and trend analysis
- Ensure consistency with Commercial Strategies by monitoring changes to Field Sales Targeting, Alignment business rules and compliance requirements
- Coordinate across SFO resources to determine root cause of Targeting/ Alignment issues and identify resolution
- Partner with IS/IT and SFO departments to rollout cross channel changes within internal systems, e.g. CRM, Data Change Requests
- Perform all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
Results oriented with excellent leadership, business acumen, communication, both verbal and written, and collaboration skills focusing on Field Deployment and Targeting & Alignment
- Proficiency in performing business analyses aligned to Field Deployment and Targeting and Alignment with supporting skills/experience in the commercial pharmaceutical/biotech business.
- Demonstrate strong visible leadership and consultative skills
- Exemplary project management, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask across multiple project deliverables
- Independent contributor with proven ability to lead and influence without direct authority up through the executive level
- Strong emotional and organizational intelligence
- Careful attention to detail and strong customer focus
- Ability to synthesize and integrate the varied sources of data into insight required to deliver Targeting and Alignment Solutions to the Sales Force
- Understanding of the pharmaceutical sales environment
- At least 3+ years of Field Sales or Commercial Operations experience in either Size and Structure, Analytics or Sales Force Effectiveness
- MBA or advanced degree in relevant field
- Prior experience in a sales ops role
- Ability to work independently and experience developing and executing strategy
- Ability to manage complexity and ambiguity in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience in project managing vendor relationships
- Experience in presentation and facilitation
- Experience with brand team or field sales teams
- Experience with utilizing various commercial sales and marketing software packages
- Experience with IQVIA data is a plus
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on nondiscrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
#oncology #theplacetOBU #astrazenecacareers
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.