The Office Manager ensures the efficient operation of the Corporate Office by leading facilities management, office services, reception, employee events, and site safety and security. Through own work and management of the Office Services Assistant/Receptionist, this position is responsible for the continuous improvement of Office Services by seeking out ways to enhance office environment and improve services.
Management of Office Services/Reception
- Embrace and demonstrate DAP's mission and values in daily interactions. Manage Office Services function and Office Services Assistant/Receptionist in execution of a variety of Office Services functions. Recruit, train, manage, and develop Office Services Assistant/Receptionist as needed to align capabilities with current and future business needs. Ensure department goals are met while adhering to approved budgets. Develop positive partnerships with business functions to drive results.
Office Supplies, Equipment and Services
- Oversee the efficient operation of the Corporate Office to ensure the office is orderly and ready for employees and visitors. This includes routine assessment of the office for issues requiring attention, including lighting and cleaning issues and resetting meeting rooms. Oversee various cleaning services and routine maintenance. Maintain effective communication with property management, vendors, and employees regarding facility matters. Lead office improvement projects by assessing needs, requesting and assessing proposals, making recommendations and overseeing the execution of approved work.
- Oversee office, kitchen, and first aid supply inventory and ordering, as well as business cards, envelopes and furniture as needed. Manage office equipment purchases, leases, maintenance and supply ordering. Ensure efficient mail and package processes are in place. Manage vendor contracts and services, including food and beverage, coffee, plant care, floor mats, fire safety, water filtration, newspaper subscriptions, holiday decorations, and offsite storage. Prepare contracts as needed and ensure invoices are processed for payment.
Employee Events & Activities
- Oversee the reception function of the Corporate Office to ensure the best experience for DAP associates, visitors, and callers. Ensure backup reception coverage is in place for the Receptionist's break periods and time off. Ensure visitors are welcomed, provided parking information and tags, offered water/coffee and restrooms. Ensure callers are treated with the highest level of professionalism and they are directed to the appropriate individual or department.
Site Safety & Security
- Lead the planning and execution of events and activities for corporate employees, including holiday parties, luncheons, wellness activities, and charitable events. Work with the corporate culture committee to identify needs, develop and plan activities to support the desired workplace culture. Serve as champion of the company's mission and values.
- Manage office safety and security processes, including relationship and communication with on-site security, management of access control system and assignment of badges, and management of surveillance system. Lead the planning and execution of annual evacuation drills and regular equipment testing. Partner with DAP EH&S Manager regarding requirements for office and lead the on-site life safety team.
- Develop and manages office services budget. Handle other duties as needed, including providing assistance to the HR Team.
- 5+ years of office management or equivalent senior administrative experience
- A minimum of one year of people management experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with ability to effectively negotiate with and influence all levels of associates, from individual contributors to executives, as wells as candidates and vendors
- Excellent project management skills with ability to establish and adhere to project milestones and timelines.
- Demonstrated customer focus and strong action orientation.
- Ability to think strategically, independently, and creatively, and take ownership of critical issues.
- Strong organizational agility - able to adapt to ambiguous situations and make solid decisions with limited information.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated ability to stay positive and motivated in a growing, challenging and changing environment.
- High level of personal integrity, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Team oriented with the ability to work effectively to accomplish performance goals and objectives.
- Strong work ethic and professional focus
- Strong self-motivation, high level of initiative, and advanced problem-solving skills
DAP is a market leading manufacturer, innovator and marketer of home repair and construction products including caulks, sealants, spray foam insulation, adhesives, and patch and repair products. DAP is part of RPM International Inc., a $6.1 billion, multinational company with subsidiaries that are world leaders in specialty coatings, sealants, building materials and related services.
You will find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders, and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware, pro contractor channels and paint stores. DAP's eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world.
At DAP, we hire the best people and give them a collaborative and rewarding work environment that empowers them to succeed! We support associates in continuous professional growth and collaborate on the steps it takes to get to the next level in their careers. Our associates enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company match, pension, paid parental leave, competitive health insurance rates, employee stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement, free wellness programs and more! Learn more about DAP's history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/ DAP - On the job since 1865.
This job has expired.