The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP), who, in accordance with established policies, evaluates and manages patients at the Child and Adolescent Programs of the Community Psychiatry Program (CPP). The Community Psychiatry Program (CPP) has been in existence since the 1970's and specializes in the evaluation and treatment of Psychiatric Disorders in all ages of adults, children, and adolescents. There is a robust flow of patients with over 100,000 visits annually. The NP would join a group of 25 MDs and would have similar patient care responsibilities to this group.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Participate as an integral team member with Therapists, Psychiatrists, and Nurses to provide comprehensive treatment to child and adolescent patients.
- Perform comprehensive assessments and ongoing Evaluation and Management with a focus on psychiatric disorders of childhood and adolescents.
- Order medications and diagnostic tests, and monitor medications as needed.
- Coordinate with CPP Therapist Staff to complete all required Medical Record and billing documentation.
- Work with families to support diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintain Provider Status in various Insurance Panels.
- The NP will have his/her own panel of outpatients but also see patients of other CPP practitioners who need to be seen urgently.
- Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school.
- Registered Nurse license and Certified as a Nurse Practitioner. Must be licensed as NP in State of Maryland or other state where practicing.
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross CPR certification required. Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment.
- Completion of the Johns Hopkins Bayview credentialing process is required prior to start date.
- Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner specialty direct patient care experience
- Additional experience may substitute for Master's Degree.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Higher degree from an accredited school.
- 3 years of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry experience.
Licensure, Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- Advanced clinical skills and experience with providing psychotherapy and medication management to children and adolescents and providing counseling / family therapy to parents and siblings.
- General computer knowledge and capability to use Electronic Medical Record.
- Experience with Telemedicine preferred.
- Ability to incorporate into practice theoretical concepts and advanced clinical skills with patients, families, and interdisciplinary health care team members.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to enhance collaboration and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to provide information to patients, caregivers and other health care personnel.
- Ability to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
- Registered Nurse license and Certified as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Must be licensed as CRNP-PMH in the State of Maryland or other state where practicing.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must maintain current licensure and certification during duration of employment.
- Completion of the JHBMC Medical Staff credentialing process is required prior to start date.
- Ability to stand, walk or sit for an extended period of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move standard equipment through a hospital or clinical environment
Classified Title: Nurse Practitioner
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview
Department name: SOM Psy Bay BV Child and Adolescent Psyc
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Nurse-Practitioner-MD-21224/878474500/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.