Compensation: $26.00 (LPN)/$35.00 (RN)
Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $4,000 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
Weekday Nights: M-F 11 pm - 7:30 am
The Nurse LPN/RN CSC provides direct and indirect patient care in the local Crisis Stabilization Center in a psychiatric capacity. Maintains standards of Professional Nursing Practice. Participates as an interdisciplinary team member responsible for overall coordination of care and services delivered to individuals experiencing behavioral crisis. Works collaboratively with members of the health care team to provide patient/family education. Demonstrates competency to provide age-appropriate care to adults 18 and older including geriatrics. This job is classified as Category I and may involve tasks with exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
• Performs nursing care such as health assessments, pain assessments, vital signs, applying dressings and general daily care of individuals who present at the Crisis Stabilization Center
• Performs all duties of medication administration including medication pass, injections, and observing self-administration of medication
• Manages medications including completing the MAR, updating the MAR and counting controlled substances
• Provides patient education regarding physical health and medications
• Coordinates care with staff, residents, family, physicians, psychiatrists, hospitals and pharmacies
• Reports and records observable changes in individual’s behavior, attitude and physical condition
• Assists staff with various diagnostic and treatment procedures
• Provides education on procedures and protocols to new employees
• Participates in team and leadership meetings as assigned
• Requires effective verbal, written and nonverbal communication skills
• Possesses cognitive, organizational and emotional abilities and maturity to deal effectively with multiple stressors, deadlines and difficult situations
• Provides direct patient care to adults
• Requires working with patients who could be verbally or physically agitated
• Participates in mandatory overtime (if/when needed)
• Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/CORE COMPETENCIES – COMPANY WIDE
• Regularly attends work except for approved absences
• Attends all training as required
• Maintain professional, “champion” behavior
• Provides quality customer service
• Provides services with a commitment to service excellence
• Works in a way that exhibits a commitment to personal excellence
• Team oriented and values diversity
WORKING CONDITIONS & EXPOSURE RISK
• Regular exposure to blood and/or body fluids
• Regular exposure to biohazard and/or chemical waste materials
QUALIFICATION(S): DESIRED DEMONSTRATED KEY COMPETENCIES
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Readiness
• Collaborative Relationships
• Conflict Resolution
• Creative Thinking
• Communication – Oral
• Communication – Written
• Decision Making
• Empowers Others
• Flexible Thinking
• Forward Thinking
• Problem Solving
• Associate’s degree in nursing required
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
QUALIFICATION(S): WORK EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
At least one year of psychiatric experience; experience in a hospital or acute care setting preferred
LPN or RN (valid in MO) required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
New York, New York
Posted 32 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!