Saint Francis Hospital, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is seeking motivated nursing students to join our Float Pool team as a Nurse Extern!
Per Diem (As Needed) - Mix of 8 and 12 hour shifts
Progressive Care Unit
The Nurse Extern performs a variety of patient care services, which are supportive of and complimentary to nursing practice, under the direction of a RN. Deliver safe and effective patient care under the supervision of the RN.
- Identifies patient needs and reports to RN.
- Carries out delegated, appropriate nursing actions for each patient.
- Delivers nursing care that demonstrates both knowledge of facts and sound judgment.
- Reports observed physical and emotional reactions to holistic plan of care.
- Completes all charts/forms accurately and timely, (example: Vital Signs, weights, Intake and Output's along with documentation on Flow Sheet).
- Reinforces patient teaching and instructions that have been given by the RN.
- Receives report and continuously communicates with the RN throughout the shift.
- Seeks knowledge in relation to patient's condition, disease entity or treatment and reflects this is patient care.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required
- Candidate must have completed at least one full clinical rotation
- Presently a student in a RN nursing program (Junior level preferred)
- Able to perform all skills and competencies as defined in the PCA skills checklist within 3 months of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Retirement Savings Program
- Free Parking
- And more!
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.