Earn $4,000 in sign on bonus with 1 year work commitment required.
Performs a variety of patient care and administrative support functions under the supervision of a Medical Center Registered Nurse (RN) in an inpatient or outpatient setting.
- Assists patients with personal care as needed for optimal recovery during hospitalization. Performs basic nursing skills, as delegated by an RN and in accordance with policy and procedure, to promote patient health and wellness.
- Captures and records patient data, such as vital signs, weights and measurement of intake and output.
- Reports changes in patient condition and abnormal findings in patient data promptly to the registered nurse.
- Assists patient with personal hygiene needs.
- Assists patient with ADLs, exercise and ambulation.
- Obtains, labels and forwards specimens for diagnostic testing.
- Documents all patient care activities.
- Assists professional healthcare staff with performing physical examinations and patient procedures.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Observes for environmental factors affecting patient/staff safety on an ongoing basis. Reports any potential hazards immediately.
- Identifies patients prior to any intervention.
- Maintains safe transfer and patient positioning practices.
- Cleans equipment and performs safety checks as directed.
- Reports incidents involving patients, staff and/or visitors promptly to RN or supervisor using the institution's quality reporting process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of institution's fire/emergency/infection control programs.
- Performs administrative support functions.
- Completes medical record duties, including file maintenance and record keeping as directed.
- Completes supply stocking, inventory and ordering as directed.
- Performs additional duties as directed, including but not limited to scheduling diagnostic procedures, meeting and greeting patients, or delivering specific supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains necessary skills and competencies.
- Achieves and maintains competency in the use of equipment (i.e., lifting and moving patients).
- Identifies strengths and opportunities for professional development and goals for self-improvement.
- Completes annual mandatory training activities and regulatory in-service requirements with-in established timeframes.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $13.12 - $20.34 Hourly
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent. Must have completed a state-approved Nurse Aide education program or have completed the Fundamentals of Nursing course as a student nurse.
Experience: No experience required.
Licensure: Obtains Certification as Nurse Aide (CNA) in the Commonwealth of Virginia within 4 months of hire or is a student nurse who has successfully completed the Fundamentals of Nursing course. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires frequently bending/stooping and driving (Home Health Aide only). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs and > 100lbs (Home Health Aide only). May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement and Guidelines
Please visit the UVA COVID-19 Job Requirements and Guidelines webpage prior to applying for current information regarding vaccination requirements and guidelines for employment at UVA.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
This job has expired.