The Network Technician performs general duties related to routine user administration and the ongoing support and maintenance of computer systems and peripheral equipment. The Network Technician will provide technical assistance to computer system users and answers questions or resolves computer problems for clients involving interaction in person, by telephone, by email, etc. The Network Technician will be responsible for diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving desktop, laptop, printer, computer hardware and software issues, operating system, electronic mail, and related issues.
- Under supervision, will monitor, support, troubleshoot, and resolve operating issues, including failures and service-level degradation.
- Initiate corrective actions to ensure connectivity and minimize downtime, with the overall goal of ensuring availability of the IT environment to employees and customers.
- Answer internal or external users' inquiries regarding computer hardware and software to resolve problems.
- Configure and set up workstations and laptops.
- Participate in troubleshooting and quickly arrive at workable solutions.
- Advise others on resolution and solutions in issues.
- Participate in the resolution of end user's desktop computer issues that may include but not limited to hardware, printer troubleshooting and configuration, installing software and/or hardware peripheral, perform daily backup procedures, liaise with third-party software/hardware vendors for problem resolution, and rollout of new software packages, upgrades, and new desktop hardware.
- Provide support and technical setup at some trade shows which includes periodic travel.
- Monitor, support, and troubleshoot the IT infrastructure for operating issues involving failures, degradation, and event correlation using various software and hardware monitoring tools.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution for all types of the IT infrastructure as assigned - hardware, software, telecommunication, business application, customer connectivity, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of Service Desk experience
- High school-level knowledge of computer hardware and software high school degree, technical certifications, or equivalent work experience required
- A+ Certification or other technology certifications a plus
- Ability to configure workstations/laptops.
- Good written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot operations issues.
- Ability to complete basic hardware/software installations.
- Good hardware/software troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of software monitoring tools.
- Understanding of backup procedures
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to travel less than 25%.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.