A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who You Are: Minimum qualifications:
- Network Engineer - 2 reporting to the Head of Networks - North America / South America
- This position is an important part of the foundational layer of the infrastructure organization for the company
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other members of the network team, the IT organization, and the business community
- Act as an integral part of the global the network team providing support and services primarily during North American business hours.
- Handle support and escalation activities brought to the network group via support tickets, automated monitoring, user reporting, etc.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required as necessitated by business need
- Enforce network and network security standards throughout the infrastructure
- Provide a positive and professional user experience at all times when engaging both internal and external users.
- Be part of a performance driven, risk taking culture that promotes open and honest feedback.
- Think globally and work across departments and geographies, encouraging teamwork that respects diverse backgrounds and cultural differences to drive results.
- Travel domestically 10% and Internationally up to 10%
- Provide onsite support in the St. Louis area
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in full-cycle design, engineering, configuration, and administration of routers & switches, firewalls, multi-segment networks, and MPLS WANs
- Bachelor's degree or IT
- Knowledge of enterprise wired and wireless network technologies
- Knowledge of SD-WAN architectures and concepts
- Knowledge of various networking protocols and technologies such as HTTP - HTTPS - DNS - VPN (IPSec/SSL) - TCP/IP stack - FTP - TFTP - SMTP - IEEE Standards - QoS - VoIP (H.323, SIP) OSPF, MPLS, ACL's, eBGP /iBGP, 802.1D/W, Policy-Based and Static routing, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, VRF and Virtual Device Contexts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Potential out-of-business hours maintenance work, as required
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced and growing environment, while using sound judgment to resolve complex issues and challenges.
- Comfortable initiating change. Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
- Network Related Certifications preferred
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 216770
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.