* Initiates, discontinues and maintains telemetry monitoring as ordered: admitting or
discharging patient to monitor, changing batteries, electrodes, and cleaning equipment.
* Reviews alarm trends at the end of the shift, reporting/"hand off" to the oncoming shift.
* Records telemetry strip every 4 hours and gives the strip to the RN. Then, at the
beginning of each shift, print a strip and document PR, QRS, QT, HR, date, time and mount
the strip. The RN will validate your interpretation by signing the mounting document.
* Monitors and reviews patient information to determine baseline cardiac rhythm analysis
and variance from baseline.
* Seeks assistance in identifying unusual rhythms.
* Notifies RN of cardiac rhythm variances that indicate pacemaker malfunction.
* Required a High School Diploma
* Related training required through work experience and education.
* Preferred 1-2 years of previous job-related experience.
* Required Formal EKG class with a minimum of 24 hours.
* Required successful completion of Basic Arrnythmia Assessment test with a score of 80% or
* Required current BLS card.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!