Tropical FCU (TFCU) is a Sun-Sentinel Top Workplace four years in a row. Being part of the Call Center Team and TFCU overall will provide you with opportunities to engage by learning, growing, contributing, collaborating, and developing professionally. Join us for a great employee experience focused on engaging employees and members alike.
Job Title: Member Service Representative - Part-Time
Department: Call Center
Reports to: Call Center Member Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt
Summary: Individuals in the job are responsible for assisting Tropical Financial Credit Union in achieving its purpose of guiding members successfully through the financial marketplace. The position is responsible for providing quality member-focused service via inbound and outbound telephone calls. Provides information to members/potential members accurately and efficiently, answers questions and inquiries, troubleshoot problems, handles complaints, and cross-sells products and services.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for all duties relating to processing over the phone transactions and maintenance of member accounts, cross-selling of Credit Union products and services, assisting in the consumer lending functions, ensuring adherence to policies, procedures, security, and compliance, and providing high-quality member service.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / SALES:
- Provide service that meets the Service Standards defined by Tropical Financial Credit Union as measured by the Net Promoter Score survey; annual goals are established through the Performance Management Process.
- Support and provide superior service via phone, fax, or email as a receiver and caller.
- Use questioning and listening skills that support effective telephone communication.
- Understands the impact of displaying an upbeat, positive and professional attitude when handling calls.
- Use the most appropriate way to communicate with different behavior types on the telephone.
- Apply the elements of building positive rapport with different types of members over the phone.
- Apply the proper telephone etiquette to satisfy various member situations.
- Identify and resolve Member issues.
- Cross-sell Credit Union products and services.
- Use an effective approach to handle special telephone tasks like call transfer, taking messages, callback holds, interruptions, and unintentional disconnects.
- Effectively deal with job stress, angry callers, and upset members.
- Apply appropriate actions to effectively control a telephone call.
- Identify voice skills and how to enhance a good telephone presentation.
- Meets commitments to members.
- Contact members as necessary.
- Assist with sales calls for new deposit/loan business.
- Quote saving rates.
- Display Time flexibility towards shifts as per work requirements.
- Meet all goals as defined in the individual's performance appraisal.
- Processes non-cash teller transactions such as transfers, withdrawals, loan payments, etc.
- Mortgage referrals to Mortgage Loan Officer
- Ensure compliance with Credit Union policies and procedures and State and Federal regulations.
- Ensure total data/document integrity.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Effectively manage teller workload/workflow.
- Attend educational / training seminars and attend and participate in regular department meetings.
- Maximize office space security to ensure the protection of confidential data.
- Provide telephone coverage as required
- Recommend service/delivery enhancements as well as improvements to procedures.
- BSA Compliance: every employee is required to uphold the credit union's compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments.
- Ensure ongoing individual compliance with all regulatory requirements established in the SAFE Act, if required.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending, and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such regulations.
- Performs related duties as required with or without accommodation.
Position RequirementsEDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school education or equivalent required
- Three years of customer service experience in a call center is required, 2 years of relevant Financial Services experience are preferred.
- Must have proven organizational skills, ability to analyze financial data, motivator and team player, knowledge of Credit Union products and services, working knowledge of computers, strong clerical skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Verbal phone ability, hearing, sitting at a desk.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Understanding verbal and written communication, grammar, computers.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Telephone, computer, printer, fax, copier.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal Credit Union Office Environment.
All of the above duties are subject to reasonable accommodation. The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related tasks, duties, and /or responsibilities other than those specifically presented in this description.
An EEOC Employer.
Full-Time/Part-TimePart-Time Exempt/Non-ExemptNon-Exempt LocationMiramar, FL About the OrganizationTropical is a not-for-profit, member-owned and member operated financial cooperative, serving South Florida since 1935. We operate a fun, and family-oriented work environment where every employee has the opportunity to learn and grow in their career and move up within the organization. It's an organization that values your contributions and rewards you for your performance. TFCU has proven to be an organization that is dedicated not only to TFCU's success, but the success of its employees and the financial success of our members. EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.
This job has expired.