Medical Training Coordinator
The Department of Psychiatry seeks a Medical Training Coordinator to perform as an integral team member of the education division and provide support in administering large and complex clinical training programs and all related educational activities for the department, including the Psychiatry Core Clerkship, the Psychiatry Residency Program, and experiential learners (premed/preclinical medical students) rotating with the department.
Essential skills include the ability to provide accurate, timely and courteous service to current and prospective residents, faculty, preceptors and other university staff and residents, as well as the ability to work as a member of a team with moderate to minimal supervision. The position will be supervised by the Medical Training Program Manager and will collaborate with the Psychiatry Education Office leadership team including; the Core Clerkship Director and Associate Director; and the Psychiatry Residency Program Education Director and Associate Director.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Database & Data Collection Responsibilities
- First line of communication for students and residents regarding logistical matters. Provide support via email and telephone.
- First line of communication for faculty regarding logistical matters such as scheduling didactics and evaluations. Provide support via email and telephone.
- Communicate with the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (JHUSOM) Registrar and other undergraduate medical education (UME) and graduate medical education (GME) staff.
- Attend all clerkship coordinator meetings through the JHUSOM and assist the Medical Training Program Manager with implementing asks from this workgroup.
- Coordinate placements of all clerkship students into inpatient and consultation sites.
- Schedule and coordinate didactic sessions for students and residents (including room scheduling and faculty communication).
- Communicate with clinic rotation sites for students and residents.
- Coordinate with administrators of separate hospital sites (Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and Johns Hopkins Howard County General Hospital).
- Coordinate visiting medical students and subinterns rotating in the department (scheduling, assisting with Hopkins specific logistics like badges and parking, credentialing, coordinating evaluations).
- Filling in as the administrative face of the residency when the Program manager is away.
Other Duties Necessary for Operations of Clerkship & Residency
- Oversee the JHUSOM Oasis database for the clerkship including registering students in the official roster and maintaining a detailed clerkship schedule in the system.
- Oversee the New Innovations database for the clerkship and residency including management of evaluations for the clerkship, faculty, residents, and students.
- Following up with medical students and residents to ensure duty hours reporting compliance using Qualtrics or New Innovations systems.
- Oversee the Blackboard clerkship site including maintenance of schedules, didactics, recordings, assignments, and student viewing of grades.
- Assist in the tabulation of annual reports to the residents, faculty, departmental educational committee, and department chair.
- Assist in ongoing data collection of clerkship metrics for internal and external evaluation committees (eg, Liaison Committee on Medical Education [LCME] and the JHUSOM Student Assessment and Program Evaluation [SAPE]).
- Maintenance of attendance records for the resident and medical student seminars.
- Track completion of medical student and resident requirements.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Assist with any special event planning.
- Order luncheons for clerkship and residency events.
- Receive and distribute clerkship specific mail, faxes, or email correspondence.
- Order appropriate supplies and maintain technological resources.
- Prepare handouts and training materials.
- Maintain files including storage and retrieval of prior student and resident records.
- Coordinate orientation activities for residents and clerkship students.
- Proctor for standardized clerkship examinations and residency exams.
- High School Diploma required.
- Three years of administrative/office experience required, preferably in an academic setting.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years of college preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with information of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Good proofreading skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills to deal effectively within and outside the department.
- Skilled in computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn about the work of the department as well to acquire new technical skills as needed.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills to work effectively in an environment that requires flexibility and balancing multiple assignments and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
- The candidate must the have ability to build professional relationships with students, fellows, staff and faculty within the division, department, and university from diverse cultures and approach all with a caring, empathic attitude.
- Able to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods.
Classified Title: Medical Training Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.59 - $24.80/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 am -5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Psy General Psychiatry
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Medical-Training-Coordinator-MD-21287/891088500/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency