If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Central Business Office has an exciting opportunity for a Full-Time Medical Collector to work at the Coral Gables Campus. The Medical Collector ensures that patient accounts are efficiently collected upon in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Further, the Medical Collector is in charge of all duties related to the billing and collection activities of accounts receivables.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Coordinates the resolution of patient accounts and verifies patient's demographic and insurance information.
- Reviews and monitors reimbursements due, and determines appropriate collection methods and account follow-up procedure.
- Pursues insurance carries by placing phone calls, documenting work performed, and setting safeguards to ensure that payments are received.
- Prepares monthly report for account receivables and other items assigned.
- Reviews benefit explanations from insurance companies and takes proper actions to request adjustments or refunds when applicable.
- Identifies trends and any problems with particular payors and reports findings to supervising staff.
- Responds to over-the-phone and in-person inquiries from patients and insurance carriers.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience required
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and principles.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: